Sad that it's just a remaster and not a remake. But I'm glad a bunch of new people will be able to play this game...

Sad that it's just a remaster and not a remake. But I'm glad a bunch of new people will be able to play this game. And I hope it's a sign that Square has finally woken up to possibly making Chrono 3.

Attached: Chrono-Cross-Remastered-1480x617.jpg (1480x617, 65.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

destructoid.com/want-a-chrono-trigger-sequel-buy-more-remakes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bunch of new people
>4:3
>AI upscaled 16bit backgrounds

I'm ok with old graphics but this is pathetic

Attached: lanoire.jpg (512x253, 13.62K)

I wanted something more than just an enhanced port, so it was a major letdown to see my worst scenario come to fruition.
Also:
>no FPS fix
>shitty AI upscale backgrounds
>no new content
Why does Square Enix despise Chrono Cross so much?

I remember hearing they did somethibg with the soundtrack. Is it just reprocessed or did they butcher it?

>Why does Square Enix despise Chrono Cross so much?
Not just Cross. They also look down on Trigger.
destructoid.com/want-a-chrono-trigger-sequel-buy-more-remakes/

It's a management problem. But since most of the management has been changed after 2014, this might be why they're bringing it back. Same as Mana and Live a Live.

Even some of the remastered art looks off. This was posted in a thread a few days or so ago. Square is so fucking pathetic. The one game I hoped would get the remake treatment gets a shitty FF8 port where Live A Live gets an amazing remake. Square is schizophrenic when it comes to the quality of their games.

Who the fuck knows what "enhanced soundtrack" means. Yasunori Mitsuda said that he made a couple new tracks for the game on his twitter account.

Attached: Lynx_Illustration.png (1201x1280, 1.64M)

great game. one of my favorites

i mean that, but i have to be honest i put the game down about 3/4th of the way through. still a personal kino favorite but i think finishing it isn't even something to encourage.

>And I hope it's a sign that Square has finally woken up to possibly making Chrono 3.
Only if people surprise SE like they did with Trials of Mana or Nier Automata.

best PS1 RPG. better than FFVII

I'll say it and stand by it.

If they do a low cost port and it sells well, they make tons of money. If it doesn't sell well, they can do their usual "well, no one likes the Chrono games" excuse. And then feel justified for killing the franchise. Same exact shit Hollywood pulls.

>better than FFVII
Definitely.
>best PS1 RPG.
Wouldn't go that far. Suikoden I and II exist. But it's definitely better than any of the FF games. In many ways, Chrono Cross feels like what FF8 should have been.

Attached: 1560479984711.jpg (500x450, 230.34K)

Square has been "testing" the waters for more Chrono games since the Trigger port, and every few years after that when they put it on phones, iOS, etc. They're honestly just milking the franchise for easy money, and I doubt they are considering anything beyond maybe releasing Trigger on the Nintendo Online shit.

They're too busy with the FFIX Remake.

Attached: 1635962745720.jpg (1920x1080, 260.55K)

I get that, but look what treatment Live A Live received. Most normies have no idea what the hell that game even is and more money was thrown at that remake than Cross. I'd argue that Chrono Cross has more of a legacy than Live A Live mostly due to the soundtrack and (maybe) character designs alone.

Attached: 4713289hueif.png (408x508, 330.65K)

What's funny is, they'd probably make Chrono 3 a budget game like Bravely Default. And honestly, if they did it in the Chrono Trigger engine with the same level of sprites, it would actually be a huge hit with the fans. Or do a Chrono 3 in the same engine as Dragon Quest XI (with Yuji Horii and Akira Toriyama working on design/story). So in some situations, it could be made even cheaper than the Trials of Mana remake. But since this is Square, they wouldn't give Chrono that kind of chance.

>They're honestly just milking the franchise for easy money
It must be because there's an endless supply of children that wander into Any Forums and think it's the coolest thing in the world, but learn this lesson once and never again: EVERYTHING is milked. There is nothing that is NOT milked. So, please pick up another phrase to use when you are trying to criticize an entertainment company for failing to entertain you enough for you to whore yourself out to it.

Just make sure you simp as hard as you can, user. Your favorite game isn't unpopular. It's just unprofitable. You can be the difference!

My favorite game is Dragon Quest VIII and was very profitable. But so was Chrono Cross. Square dropped the Chrono series for other reasons.

I wish.

Like FFIX and Chrono Cross, nothing can replace my memories of playing these games on the original console with a crt and my friends. I have zero expectations that this CC will be "good", but I hope someone out there gets the same magical experience I did.

I'm the soundtrack fag. Even if I don't bother with buying the remaster, I hope to give the ost a few listens when it comes out. I've listened to the same copy of the OST i copied from my friend who grabbed it from limewire or something for years. Pretty sure the same copy thats been passed around the internet for 2 decades, cd scratch sound and all.

I don't trust them to make a Chrono 3.
And technically it was made anyway.

Attached: another eden.png (1200x630, 297.49K)

Wasn't as profitable as DQ8.

The thing that I don't get is how Trials of Mana got a full blown remake when I don't even think the series even sold that well in the first place. The Chrono series carry a crap ton of baggage that we're not aware about because the series barely gets any effort put into it.

Attached: 32_BN.png (526x482, 215.68K)

>At the time, the PlayStation used an internal sound source to play the music, but this time I remastered the data from scratch and removed the noise. To be honest, the music in the Chrono Cross game was already complete, so I decided that there was no need to rearrange it.
songs are the same

you ok, bro?

>them
If it was done by some secondary group in Square or worse, Nomura and Nojima, of course it would suck. But if they got the original core members back (Horii, Toriyama and Kato) then it would probably be good. This is also why the executives big excuse of "we can't make a new Chrono game because the core people all left" is such bullshit. They have literally everyone working in the combined SquareEnix except Sakaguchi. And they could even get him back if they dropped their stubborn pride and just asked him.

As with most problems in SquareEnix, it's the management that's the problem.

Attached: 962d833e4f7db8de8399497bcdf44a66.jpg (1191x1548, 243.59K)

SE hasn't done any remixes or orchestral versions of CC's OST over the years? Xenogears has gotten lots of stuff for its music over the years.

Lazy fuck lol

But I thought AE was shit.

what the fuck is he going to do, write a new soundtrack for a $20 port?

That's the joke.

There was that Millenial fair album a while back.

>Sakaguchi
Don't worry, Yoshida will get him back.

Attached: spud.png (948x1428, 814.48K)

Yeah, you're right, but even AE lacked the gravitas that Trigger and Cross had. Maybe those two games were lightning in a bottle. I'm the weird type of person who liked Cross 100x more than Trigger, so I care more about Cross honestly.
Pic related says otherwise.
>And another one. Chrono Cross remastered has been released. This was recorded by remastering the sound that was sounding on the PlayStation. And there are new songs. Stay tuned!

Attached: 1_GH67_ap.png (1180x434, 118.64K)

Nah, I have ass cancer.

Attached: 93253593_p0.jpg (1158x1637, 1.19M)

..wuh? Are there people who would call that an improvement?

>better than FFVII
>I'll say it and stand by it.
DIE for it even?

Attached: 1589319579697.gif (1266x688, 264.08K)

YES FAGGOT. WHY ANY PROBLEM?

At least for the people really unhappy about it, it's getting a PC release. So maybe mods.

Just use this next time.

Attached: 2tweffwgcxg81.jpg (2148x4729, 2.42M)

>doesn't understand that the original game was in 4:3, and to expand it to 16:9 would require entirely reworked background rendering.
>types "16-bit" when it's actually 32-bit.
My only qualm is the still-shitty framerate in battle.

i really, really wish this game hadn't been announced. CC is one of the most obnoxious fanbases, grasping at strings only genofags would grasp at

Attached: chrono cross.jpg (720x480, 46.82K)

>Mana
I've liked the ports so far and LoM was goat as fuck.

>Pic related says otherwise.
I said the songs weren't changed, I didn't say shit about there being new songs or not