Never played this series, should I play 1 and 2 or just skip to 2?

Never played this series, should I play 1 and 2 or just skip to 2?

Attached: maxresdefault (30).jpg (1280x720, 159.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mother3.fobby.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Play 2 first, then 3, then 1 unless you like old NES RPGs then you can start at 1

They're all good games but some people get filtered by 1

Unless you're familiar with NES era JRPGs, just play 2

play both simultaneously

Earthbound is slow as fuck and only good due to the uncommon story and visuals, the gameplay is very simple and the systems are way simpler than any other rpg.
Mother is even slower.

They aren't the same game, but Earthbound pretty much hits all the same beats Mother does.

Play EarthBound then play the Mother 3 fan translation
mother3.fobby.net/
Play 1 if you can stand NES RPGs

Attached: 1644949414935.webm (576x1082, 1.45M)

Mother 1 is literally just Mother 2 but more archaic and arduous in almost every way. And Mother 3 just drops almost all the things that made EarthBound unique in favor of a generic melodramatic narrative heavy JRPG.

Earthbound Zero isn't THAT inaccessible. It's basically just a really good DQ1 clone.

Mother 2 is derived from Dragon Quest-style RPGs, and after playing a sizable library of them, I would say Mother 2 offers far more with its HP rolling, overworld battle encounters, and other systems than many others of its type.

Earthbound is kind of a soft remake of the first game. Just play it first.

As someone who beat Earthbound like 7 or 8 times I can confidently say it's the only RPG you'll ever need.

Attached: 1623689817694.jpg (689x960, 25.39K)

I love EarthBound to death but you're correct about it being to slow for some people. They should've just mdke a sprint button instead of having to buy skip sandwiches. Skip sandwiches alone are pretty damn dumb.

Attached: 1642770125804.jpg (720x720, 57.42K)

The first one on the NES should probably only be played if you like the series and want some history

If I were OP I would honestly just forget the NSO version and just go with the MaternalBound Redux hack. It makes Y your run button, as well as adds a ton of small quality of life improvements to the game that make it much less of a slog to play, as well as uncensors a lot of the changes and makes the script more faithful to MOTHER 2 in general.

Don't play 1. NES games outside of Mario 3 do not hold up.

Kirby's adventure holds up

I've played Earthbound like 10 times. Great game as long as you don't hype it up (like millennials and zoomers tend to). It's a cute anf fun little quest, and you find yourself actually wanting to talk to all the NPCs because their writing is so fun and clever. I never cared for Mother 3 and a lot of up their own ass people tend to prop it up, so I'm not sure about that one. Mother 1 is fun if you like old style RPGs. It's not super grind heavy, but you really need to talk to everyone and backtrack sometimes or you will hit a wall. Like with the Starman Jr. There's something you gotta have or else it's just not possible to beat it. Earthbound had a boss like that too Master Belch , but you at least get hints at what it is for that one. Anyway, if you only play Earthbound, you can pretty much skip the other two.

I like the Nes DQs and FFIII, but honestly loathed playing the first Mother.

bro you're nuts. there are plenty that "hold up"

If you wanna skip to the best one then just play mother 3. The first 2 are very barebones dragon quest clones. I'm not even saying that as an insult to the series, i fucking love them, and i love dragon quest - but you're obviously a zoomer, which means you'll absolutely hate Mother 1 and 2.

I would say play 2, 3, and 1 in that order if you wanna play them all. I think earthbound zero is better then mother 2 (more difficult but less mindless filler) but most people would say skip the first one if you don't care enough. If earthbound sucks too, at least get to chapter 5 in mother 3 (it won't take long)

Play 2 first, then 3, but do play 1 as well. Retards saying 2 is a remake of 1 are fucking wrong. not only because the plots are completely different but also in terms of tone and experience of when you're playing them. The two games feel nothing alike.