What is the absolute BEST way to play this game in 2022?

What is the absolute BEST way to play this game in 2022?

Which emulator, mods, etc make it beautiful? I just fucked my back up at work and need to spend a few days resting and I want to spend it on a nostalgia trip.

Attached: The_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time.jpg (378x263, 39.76K)

If you don't have a cart and an N64 just wait for those hacks to finish their reverse engineered decompilation.

Probably waiting for the PC port and trying to play it as loyal to the original as possible (version 1.0 or 1.1 without the censorship stuff), except resolution and framerate we can hopefully unlock without bugs soon

if you have a 3ds that version is quite good. otherwise, just emulate the original. master quest for gc isn't bad but n64 is easier to emulate and it's not that much different.

emulator with texture pack

Attached: GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_051.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

Do NOT play Master Quest if it's your first time. Some puzzles are just retarded and illogical and it can be a boring slog. Also enemies showing up the wrong dungeons which is souless

wait for pc port with 60fps, proper widescreen, raytracing and OOT3D assets

the decompilation is complete, now they're getting it to work with modern computers

Unironically the 3DS version. The lighting is worse in a few areas, namely the final boss, but overall the improved models and textures and the QoL changes make it objectively the best version

Play the actual fucking version instead of emulating it, zoomer.

that looks fucking awful

>pls mommy i want to fit in!
cringe

soulless

Just because you teenagers can't play old games without making the graphics look more like what you're used to doesn't mean it looks good.

This. OP was born after 2000 and can't feel soul. Real gamers don't play OoT with texture packs.

This. Wait for PC port for 60fps, should be coming soon enough.

Ignore this tard. There are 0 good texture packs for OOT.

The 3DS version is much better than the original.

The texture pack poster is OP. He is literally unable to play OoT the way it's meant to be played and needs to have CoD-tier graphics.

Ignore this retard too.

Then I got baited.

3DS is a good way,it's not a perfect version but it still retains the mechanics of the original
and it even has improvements to make the Water Temple less of a slog

I'll take the original version, Water Temple and all. If you truly love a video game, you love even the tedious parts. Plus the original version has blood.

Hack your Wii and mod it for HD

The BEST way?
>Ultra HDMI Modded N64 ($1500)
>Hori Mini Pad 64 controller ($800)
>Ultra Low-Latency OLED display ($1500)

Attached: 38941194-FB79-440D-986B-25DCC30F1CD8.jpg (516x443, 279.67K)

>it doesn't work
So it's not complete. Shut up you useful idiot.

That looks pretty neat.
>60fps
Bro.
Don't just focus on the 60. CRTs used to just do 85. There are 144hz out there. It do matter.

Attached: 1641653887294.gif (245x200, 50.32K)

OOT runs at 20fps.

ParaLLEl for the closest to a 1:1 experience, Mupen for widescreen and upscaling, the only alternative is the PC port, which won't look good for at least another month or two if not more

>they're
"they" are working on other files in the decomp project and cleaning up the code. an entirely different set of amateurs are using their results to make a pc port.

>UltraHDMI
PixelFX is much better, and your prices are a bit over the top

You play the original version (on a CRT if possible). Emulation will only make it look shinier, not better.

>much better
It’s essentially the same. And both are equally unavailable