This game's plot is structured like an episode of 24, and I don't know why

This game's plot is structured like an episode of 24, and I don't know why.

Attached: Resident_evil_rev._2012_Capcom.png (256x269, 129.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9NC8MarEHsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the multiple perspectives and the underlying agent drama. Add to the fact that they intend you take a break every chapter and follow it with a "Previously on" recap, it really does feel like bad prime time tv. Also, can we talk about the outfit design?

It also has the most retarded and ugly NPCs from the entire series

All the difficulties in raid mode had completely different enemies on every difficulty and the encounters were incredibly well designed.
Then in Revelations 2, they just made ONE specific enemy spawn combination on each level, and just layered 4 difficulties on top of that one spawn layout.

On one hand you can play for max level weapons in 2 on any stage thanks to code red, which is better than the 1 stage in rev1. (other ghost ship never even got added on pc)
On the other hand the retards made such a gigantic sin by not having SOME randomness in the raid mode, it can hardly be forgiven.
Even ONE randomly spawned enemy per level would have spiced things up, fucking hell.
What a waste of assets.

It's a handheld game at heart. You'd play a bit of a chapter or whatever and then put your 3DS in sleep mode and then pick it up later.

>It's a handheld game at heart.
Which shows just how little graphics matter, the game's a blast, and raid mode is the best secondary mode in the history of the franchise.
>plays smoother than REV2
>more interactive enemies than REV2
>10/10 theme, zombie fish mixed with humans, incredibly consistent, interesting and well designed

>Revelations 3 never

Attached: 1639789938806.png (1334x750, 2.84M)

I think the REv1 enemies are a bit poorly designed even if they are better in relation to REv2, but yeah agree on most other points. It was incredibly impressive for a 3DS game. REv2 on the other hand is the only time I really thought an RE game felt cheap. It felt like a step back in a lot of ways and didn't look better than the 3DS game despite not even releasing for it.

>I think the REv1 enemies are a bit poorly designed even if they are better in relation to REv2, but yeah agree on most other points.
You talking about the enemies feeling like bullet sponges who don’t react until they get withered down?

Honestly bothers me to no end
>crank out RE games after they get the RE Engine finally figured out
>2017 - RE7
>2019 - RE2 Remake
>2020 - RE3 Remake
>2021 - RE Village
>2022 - Moderate budget REV3 for Switch as it's hitting its peak? Lol, no.
>2023 - RE4 Remake AND RE Apocalypse

Yeah i like the game but i don't get that either

Yeah. I get thematically that they're an ooze and all, but it's just not as fun being able to target different body parts.

I wish there was raid mode in one of the re engine game with all the maps, monsters and characters from the re engine games

It's called Village.

I get you, it’s also not as fun as RE5 where you could pull off sick combos and clean house with punches and kicks.

Yeah, I loved the enemy designs but gameplay-wise they were a bit dull for the most part.

RE5 Mercs with an equally skilled partner is fucking amazing. Constantly pulling off melee shit and extending the timer. The whole melee charge mechanic in REV just feels odd.

I liked this game a lot more than I thought I would. I hope I die in my sleep tonight

The ending was always weird. They made it seem like it would be important but T abyss Jessica and Raymond have never showed up or have been mentioned ever since.

youtube.com/watch?v=9NC8MarEHsA

Attached: ec4a32146997d9d04151e91f4621931f55589151.jpg (620x372, 91.4K)

Same thing with REV2's ending.

>Which shows just how little graphics matter, the game's a blast
It's in the top 5 worst RE games

>don't react
You can shoot their feet to make them fall.
You can shoot one arm, then the other to make them drop the parasite from their mouth and get stunned temporarily. There's even a cool physics interaction there since the game lets the arm jiggle around freely if you triggered the interaction.
You can shoot the head to make them stumble/get knocked back/get blown away.

The daze stat for making these interactions easier combined with the stun stat for pure knockback to simulate stopping power made for incredibly interactive gunplay.
This is the only shooter where the enemies were made with sponginess in mind, and it works insanely well.
Other games are just head goes pow, funnily only other RE games can compare in this field.

Rev2 ends with hinting Natalia basically waking up her Alex Wesker consciousness and is never heard about again either