Uhhh bros??

uhhh bros??

Attached: 6607B760-7114-433E-A63F-F7FD1A33BFBB.jpg (1170x1817, 708.59K)

It's ok when nintendo does it!

Hack your Wii Us now.

Only buy physical.

you can hack your 3ds by opening a page in web browser

Pokemon Bank being discontinued must be getting announced soon. Been looking forward to seeing the meltdown Any Forums would have about that.

>buy console
>money stolen

Surprised it took this fucking long for WiiU.

Moneylet here. What's the point of shutting down online stores and servers for games?

RIP

Imagine being so retarded that you can't comprehend a word-for-word tweet from the official Nintendo account.

You can still play games you have downloaded on the system you absolute retard. You jsut wont be able to make purchases from the store from March 2023.

They say you'll still be able to redownload games and DLC at least. But for how long, who knows.

so they don't have to keep burning money running the servers.

Planned obsolescence, forces people to buy new thing.

It’s getting replaced by Pokémon Home isn’t it?

>storefront that no-one uses anymore is getting shut down

Wow so shocking

Hmmm, curiously this happens as soon as a dude making emulators gets arrested and the overproced Switch Online Expansion Pass gets updates, surely a coincidence because daddy nintendo loves us!

this user knows what's up

>physical
>console breaks
>buy new one on ebay
>play games you bought

>digital
>console breaks
>store offline
>games you bought gone

it costs money to host online resources, especially those that allow people to download content from them.
no point keeping a $100,000 a year server running if only %5 of your clients are still using it.

Sucks but probably only affects like ten people at this point considering how many people bought a Switch. I just wish they'd bring the music and rhemes and stuff back for Switch, the UI is so fucking sterile and boring.

To not waste money updating the store's payment processors to be compliant when it's barely bringing any money in. The servers are still up, you'll still be able to download your purchased games.

this is why i never understand digital only cucks. enjoy your limited time license!

btw i know they're only disabling purchases at this point, but this is just the prelude to disabling downloads

>When will all Wii Shop Channel services (including the ability to re-download) be terminated?
>Users were able to add Wii Points until March 26, 2018, and were able to purchase content on the Wii Shop Channel until January 30, 2019. In the future we will close all services related to the Wii Shop Channel, including the ability to redownload WiiWare and Virtual Console games, as well as the Wii System Transfer Tool, which transfers data from Wii to the Wii U system. We will announce specific details as that time approaches.

Only for the Switch games. You need Bank to transfer from 3DS to Home.

>please just pirate them, we don't want to sell them to you

Attached: 1618232174729.png (834x427, 68.32K)

Oh noes, you can’t download old games for a dead ass system… nooooo cry more bitches.

SMT4 Apocalypse and Soul Hackers gonna skyrocket in price

BASED! Please fuck my wife Miyamoto!!!

You can hack a 3ds in 10 minutes and no one owns a WiiU

3DS carts die after 15-25 years anyway.

Fuck that's embarrassing lol

Attached: file.png (674x425, 51.26K)

Retards
Correct

Sure you faggot.

>please dont pirate our games and mod our consoles
>does this shit
Its not like it changes anything because their games were still FULL PRICE on 3DS and Wii U stores. Japs are something else

? y when nes and snes carts don't what do 3ds carts do differently to cause deterioration?

It is literally fine when Nintendo does it.

You can pirate shit like Pushmo, Rustys Real Deal baseball and Dillon Rolling Western and other eshop ware. You can’t pirate anything else.

Different type of memory. DS cartridges will outlive the 3DS ones.

last year they said the stores werent going to get shut down

next year you nincel cultists will say its okay because you can still download your games before the established date of server shut down

I will pirate whatever I can't buy, not gonna support a shitty streaming service as the only way to play these games.

Bro they're literally giving you over 1 year to buy any games you want to buy digitally.

ah, that's shitty. i haven't bought many 3ds games but that makes me a lil sad.

However
>As of May 23, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a credit card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
>As of August 29, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a Nintendo eShop Card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. However, it will still be possible to redeem download codes until late March 2023.

it doesn't make enough money to justify the costs of keeping old software supported, especially considering that they want you to buy the new games consoles.
the costs of managing the ds shop in life support mode might be negligible, sure, but the income is also negligible at this point. The opportunity cost of keeping staff and resources on hand to keep this shit working is actually really high considering they could be using those same resources for current projects and generate a lot more revenue for the same cost they see in maintaining older systems.

here comes the first nincel cultists

>buy game
>one year passes
>money stolen

fuck you

Attached: nintendie.png (645x773, 23.45K)