Update on the River City Girls Zero “literal” translation thing:

Update on the River City Girls Zero “literal” translation thing:
Wayfoward responded by announcing they’re changing the language option names to “RCG” and “Original”
Good that they didn’t remove the option outright but still silly of them to even bother responding

Attached: 9362FBC5-D90D-464E-9B38-1C6866A7DC28.jpg (1310x563, 233.36K)

>wayforward
Why do you fags play ugly western trash again?

>two english translations

Attached: .....eh.png (184x351, 69.29K)

yes, one by localizers and one as a direct translation from the japanese script

I understand why they conceded but its moot since the trannylators are still gonna seethe about 2 different translations regardless.

Attached: 1499636816787.png (325x499, 392.95K)

I don't get it. Why is there two?

What's the point? Just use the direct translation and hang every localizer and it's supporters.

One is localized, one is literally just translated from japanese to english

I'm guessing the "localization" script is pretty much fan fiction tier and the other is an actual translation.

Who are they conceding to?
Isn't calling it original even "worse" than literal?

>one is literally just translated from japanese to english
Oh, you mean a translation? Wow, what a novel concept.

What’s the controversy? Is it “offensive” to call it literal?

best thing about this is how a translator complained that this reinforces the mistrust in their translations. I WONDER FUCKING WHY

Attached: 1352863651353.jpg (182x164, 11.07K)

lol that's even better
it makes the localized version sound even worse since it isn't "Original" and just some faggot or trannylator's take

It's offensive to game translators because they often get criticized for rewriting dialogue like adding memes and changing scripts.

I have no clue, haven’t been following the game, but depending on who did the work, that is a possibility.

A bunch of "official" translators not affiliated with RCG0 were bitching that the game offered 2 different English translation tracks, one of which being referred to "literal" and that for some reason causes harm to translators or something.

they'll still bitch that they're offering 2 translations but WF's ass is covered by doing this

Can you blame them?

Attached: 58CF45D3-0FDF-4EB3-AE50-927262E1238A.jpg (1170x1373, 635.58K)

Wayforward is under the deluded impression that anyone who would want to play a port of a Super Famicom Kunio-Kun game
>got into the Kunio-Kun/River City franchise through River City Girls
>does not know about the popular and easy to find ROM of Kunio-tachi no Banka, fan translated into literal if vulgar English for the EOPs more than ten years ago and easy to plug and play on fucking ZSNES
If all the retro gamer girlfriends and the kids who bought the game because they saw a dabbing Kyoko .gif on Reddit want to pay money for an ironically bad localization of a ported ROM right alongside a "proper" one, that's their call

Attached: bitch dickweed.png (321x281, 121.59K)

Sounds based, we need direct jap to english translations on games now.

we know discord trannies and their ilk post on Any Forums so the localizer probably made this thread in the first place to make Wayforward look bad for this based decision

B-baka!

Literal translations never work. It’s why the best bible translation, the NIV, uses thought for thought. Because that works best in languages

It’s why Lattimores translation of the Odyssey is shit and everyone reads Fagles. Everyone in this thread that doesn’t see that is retarded. Wayforwards original translation is fine, but autsists think that literal is better when they know nothing about linguistics

YWNBC

I wish OP had provided any context at all, but maybe they were trying to draw a distinction between a truly literal English translation of a Japanese script (which would be incomprehensible due to differences in the structure of the languages) and a "straight" translation that adapts the language differences while keeping the meaning as close as humanly possible?

Non literal translations never work, because they are NEVER correct. The answer is to have both versions.

king james 4 lyfe bitch
didn't read the rest of your comment because yr a fag

one is propaganda and reddit memes the other one is the actual intended dialogue

When americans don't get americanized works they riot.
That's why their "localizations" are full of outdated memes, shit jokes, zoomer linguo and general canceraids.

>We hear you

Attached: rubt287tq33it56a78ig.jpg (1200x675, 111.35K)

They're both inaccurate fanfiction, one's just less fucked up
The intended dialogue is Japanese only

Localization people didn't understand what Wayforward meant and the brainrot from whatever dipshit culture war they're obsessed with kicked in and started shitting their diapers for the hundredth time.

Every other week someone makes a post about how "geez I don't like how they localized this script to be so quirky" and localization people will make 20 tweets crying about how there's no other way they could have written it and how the only other option would be to make it as dry as possible or some dumbass thing.

>reading the cuck version of the Bible funded by King Cuck that adds shit not in the Bible
You can’t attack Wayforward and then in the next breath defend the KJV you flaming homosexual