Indie Game Appreciation/Recommendation

What indie games are you playing/recommend Any Forums? Im trying out Steel Assault. a run and gun contra like game with a 90s anime sci fi sega like vibe.

what are you playing?
What do you recommend?

Attached: Steel Assualt Boss Battle.png (3840x2160, 1.42M)

>what are you playing?
Library of Ruina & ULTRAKILL
>What do you recommend?
Lobotomy Corporation, Library of Ruina, ULTRAKILL

Attached: bad ending.jpg (811x843, 49.6K)

I've been playing this game called Vampire Survivors a lot recently (which apparently is super popular, but I didn't know that until after I started getting into it). Absolutely stellar game, definitely recommend it.

I don't play indie games.
99% of them are metroidvanias and the rest are mediocre ripoffs of arcade games.

ultrakill is good. Although anything new blood puts out tends to be stellar

yeah but every once and a while you have a golden gem or two so they're worth checking out

Ahahahahaha I fucking wish. Indie games are as creatively bankrupt as AAA big budget games and look cheaper.

>Any Forums gushes over a new indie game
>Check it
>It's a metroidvania
Every single time.

Any Forums was gushing over black souls for a while and it certainly isnt a metroidvania what the fuck are you talking about

RPG maker shovelware is barely better.

Any Forums is currently gushing over needy streamer overload and it is not a metroidvania

Better to have metroidvanias than survival crafting zombie roguelikes that used to be all the rage

>vtuber shit
See what I'm saying? Indie games are sewage.

Well, maybe I'm exaggerating and 99% of indie games aren't metroidvanias. I think a more realistic figure would be 90%.

seething consoletard

Attached: 1637124447975.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

>What do you recommend?
BLACK SOULS, Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead, Caves of Qud, Cultist Simulator, Darkwood, Deus Ex, Disco Elysium, Duskers, Elona, Epic Battle Fantasy 5, Hacknet, Rimworld, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Satisfactory, Factorio, Sunless Sea, Sunless Skies, Underrail
and also everything here

It's still tiresome. There are at least five new indie metroidvanias every single month.
To this point indies should stop calling themselves "indies" and should call them "metroidvanias".

I don't play on consoles.
And I'm always lurking the Steam sales threads looking for recommendations. And I'm always disappointed because they're always metroidvanias.

>Steam sales threads
Rookie mistake

>Black Souls 1&2
>LobCorp
>LoR (hate cardshit gameplay, but story is good)
>Underrail
>anything by Zachtronics
>Baldr Sky Dive
>Stanley Parable
>Duskers (pirate this one, too little content, but the concept is great)

And the VN corner
>Symphonic Rain
>Full Metal Daemon Muramasa
>Kara no Shoujo

There's an RPG maker game who's name I cant remember for the life of me. All I know is it's made by some sjw with characters with weird pronouns and lesbians and shit. But there's one character In it that's a based tomboy who becomes hated by the other characters for calling them retarded. The general plot was about saving the world by playing some magical song that was a part of some ritual but the party full of idiots fucked it up so the tomboy called them out.

please play:
Assault Android Cactus
Nex Machina
Dustforce
OlliOlli

they are fun

>(hate cardshit gameplay, but story is good)
Read: "i dont understand the gameplay mechanics and i routinely get my ass beat for it"

I got my ass handed to me in LobCorp and Sifu too, but at least the process of gitting gud was fun
I just don't like the genre

Theres more rpg made games than 2d platformers

80s outrun
Panzer knights
Until we die
Shelter 1 and 2
Helltaker

Fuck me user your looking SO hard aren't you! This is just stuff off top of my head. Theres more 2d shoot em ups on steam than metrovania games