As if the Booster Course Pass wasn't already a good enough deal...

As if the Booster Course Pass wasn't already a good enough deal, it turns out you don't even need to own the Booster Course Pass or the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack in order to race on the DLC courses.

nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/Mario-Kart-8-Deluxe-1173281.html#Booster_Course_Pass

>Courses from wave 1 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass can be played from March 18th locally or online in Friends and Rivals races, even if only one player owns the Booster Course Pass or has access to it as part of a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership.
>From March 22nd, courses from wave 1 will also appear in the Random selection when playing Global or Regional races with anyone online.

There's literally no reason to complain now when it's quite literally FREE (under certain circumstances).

Attached: 1200px-MK8DBoosterCoursePassArtwork.jpg (1200x675, 180.35K)

Do Nintentoddlers not know all these tracks are literally from the shitty low budget mobile game? It's a fucking asset swap they charge people 30 bucks for

How did lobbies work with DLC in the Wii U version?

Yeah but literally who plays that retarded mobile game

I don't think it looks bad. If anything, the models and textures in the DLC courses look closer to the Mario style than the courses in base game.

Thanks for beta testing mobile fags.

2/3rds of the maps you could vote for were pulled from the DLC tracks if you played in a DLC lobby, so you saw them more than any others. You couldn't play in those lobbies at all without the dlc, so you just got the normal selection

I wouldn't have even noticed if this shit wasn't spammed in every single thread. Also, it would be nice if somebody compared the tracks in the Booster Track to the Tour equivalent

Who really gives a fuck? They look different, but fine. It's going to give us quite a few great tracks over time going off the ones included in or planned for Tour, so I'm not one to complain.

There were two different types of lobbies:
32 Course Lobbies
48 Course Lobbies

If you didn't have the DLC then you could only play in the 32 Course Lobbies. If you had the DLC then you could play in the 48 Course Lobbies but you could also switch back to 32 Course Lobbies if you didn't want to play on DLC courses.

But it's so ugly. You expect one person to pay for this?

Attached: 1644541881938.jpg (1921x2159, 512.92K)

>good quality gamecube/wii/wii u mario kart maps will be drowned out by shovelware mobile/gameboy/snes/n64 maps

trash update

Well, that's strangely generous
So if you only play online there's no point in buying it?

Basically.

I unironically prefer the bottom one lol. I hate washed out colors

Wow the bottom one is awesome, so cute! It looks like the cute style from the Zelda Switch game (the one that isn't BOTW)

I need to buy a Switch and Mario Kart now. Is the online good bros?

at least we'll have waluigi pinball

Attached: Torino.gif (395x281, 82.7K)

Oh nooo it looks like a nintendo game!

Just stick to talking out your ass like Either post all 48 tracks or fuck off.

Yeah, Nintendo paypiggies will buy it anyways though, think of it as them buying the pass for you!

>gameboy/snes/n64 maps
>shovelware

Opinion discarded

They already did if they had gotten the expansion pass, which is now ridiculously starting to be worth it. One pass means all their friends gets to play as well.

It's probably because they don't want another Wii U situation where they needed separate lobbies for DLC owners and non-DLC owners. But now the question is, if you own the DLC will the DLC tracks appear as a course you can vote for or is the only way to race on them is just by getting lucky with the Random vote.

But that's not the style the game was going for in the first place, it's just lazy.

Bottom looks more like a Mario aesthetic than top does. It's much more colorful and cartoony.

Wouldn't that make the new tracks super rare? Whenever I play online I see very few people pick random

Bottom unironically looks better and more suited to the Mario series.