After playing this on RPCS3 and suffering through the slowdown in the ending parts...

After playing this on RPCS3 and suffering through the slowdown in the ending parts, I bought the game and I'm gonna replay it on PS2
How's the Ape Escape minigame?
Also what are the chances my PS2 just doesn't work anymore after not using it for years

Attached: metal-gear-solid-3-subsistence-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1136, 238.62K)

>After playing this on RPCS3
It was playable on the previous version of xenia, before introducing AMD-Nvidia filters. Why you are using RPCS3 which requires a top-tier CPU?

Attached: 1627115435421.jpg (810x1024, 75.58K)

Because I have a 3700X and it ran fine until the bike part

/mwah

really?
Xenia is running better than RPCS3 in some games now?

i just played it on ps3 lol

Attached: 1642989502764.png (1303x1500, 1.41M)

just buy ps3 from goodwill
its like 70 bucks

Yeah I know the PS3 version is technically better since it runs at 60 FPS, but I wanted to play the Ape Escape minigame and the nightmare sequence that were removed from the PS3 version

It refuses to run with above 15fps with any build
>Ryzen 7 2700
>2060S
>16Gb RAM

why wouldn't you just play it on pcsx2 to begin with I swear zoomers are retarded

>play on pcsx2
>no pressure sensitive controls
>accidentally murder all the scientists on the part with raikov
thanks user

you can also just use ps2 pkg and turn the iso into a pkg and install the ps2 version on ps3

Not him, but to get around this in RPCS3 I swapped triggers with face buttons, is that not possible on PCSX2?

You can literally make the controls pressure sensitive in options.

It will still slow down in any hardware.

Just make the circle button have 50% sensitivity in the options. lol Now you cant kill anyone, ever, even if you want to.

>It will still slow down in any hardware
Sure but RPCS3 slowed down to like half speed or less
Still playable but barely
I want to play those parts but still feel like I'm playing a real game that works correctly
The Boss fight was still great but it would probably be easier and I wouldn't die like 5 times if it wasn't in slow motion and my inputs didn't register on-time

that has to do with your controller not the emulator you retard.

I didnt like MGS 3 because of the forest and survival shit. Thought it was a nice idea in the previews, in practice however, I dont prefer forests over industrial factories and bases like the previous two games had.

What controller do I need to play this way again? Don't say PS2

I love seeing people complain about the "survival" shit as if it takes more than 5 minutes per playthrough. And the forest was great if you actually cared about my waifu paramedic

Any modern controller with analog triggers, just swap L2 and R2 with □ and O

Thank ya, will try with series X controller then. Been dying to play it through again. I tried emulating it briefly a few years ago - grabbed the very first guard you come across, and before I could interrogate him I sliced his throat. Remembered the pressure sensitive controls and just gave up.

I guess you just had to know where that hidden ration was huh