What was the hardest game you played as a kid? Did you finish it?

What was the hardest game you played as a kid? Did you finish it?

Attached: ComixZone.png (640x480, 73.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RB-WNmLYrd8
youtube.com/watch?v=8iCPzDEkkII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Castlevania. I beat it as a teenager.

Don't you take damage just from hitting things in Comic Zone?
Shit seemed impossible.

As a 5 year old, I thought it was really cool how you fought evil iron man in this game.

How the fuck were you supposed to beat that? I remember a room where you had to destroy like 4 barrels and lose half your HP. It was unavoidable.

Attached: comix.png (1003x768, 1.25M)

use to play comix zone it was hard as fuck just for the sake of bing hard. Ther's sections in the game where you have to break stuff it ends up taking parts of your life it's all poor mechanics and the enemies are something very fustrating it feels like they don't get hurt sometimes

Played it many, many times as a kid, got to various stages.

Attached: adventuresofbatmanandrobing.png (583x719, 856.88K)

Fuck this. Great looking game and had a nice grunge soundtrack but I think I never got past the boss with the long nails.
From hitting environmental objects, yes. You basically have to play many times and figure out optimal routes for avoiding damage.

I finally finished it for the first time last year

Attached: tabr1.jpg (1440x1080, 1022.42K)

Fabulous looking and sounding game with a great gimmick, but just unfair in its gameplay decisions

TMNT NES. Yes

double dragon 2 the revenge
mega man 1
battletoads and double dragon

I still haven't finished it

Attached: file.png (320x427, 367.28K)

I did not

Attached: jet force gemini.png (854x480, 436.56K)

One of the Earthworm Jim games probably. Or both.

I could only beat the first two levels as a child, I had to come back to the game many years later and even then some parts of the game still gave me a run for my money. I'm convinced that Space Mama's Crater was used as level design inspiration for I Wanna Be The Guy.

Attached: file.png (800x818, 1.09M)

>that part
it's impossible.

Hardest RTS I played, the singleplayer campaign was just vicious.

Attached: dark-reign.jpg (640x480, 79.5K)

The screenshot literally shows him having the explosives. Use the explosives on the barrels.

Super Spy Hunter. I actually made it to the final boss but didn't get enough attempts at him to figure out how to beat him. It took me all day to get there because the game has no saves or passwords. My dad forced me to shut the game off because I was spending too much time on it and it was time for the Wednesday night board game group at church. I never made it back to Level 6 after that.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 60.73K)

Dark Reign was hard but good, a literal underrate RTS Gem

this weird RTS kinda game about Braveheart
i didnt understand how to play AT ALL and i couldnt get anywhere

Attached: 1231412512365126.jpg (500x375, 63.3K)

not literally that part, the part where you have to do a crazy jump or somrthing idk. Got stuck on there repeatedly and just gave up

Comix zone is easy.
There are obvious ways to solve the game's puzzles, like using the rat to hit a switch or blowing up something with dynamite, and even if for some reason you forget about that you can brute force it. I beat it easily even though I struggled with so many other games from that era.

>find all the natives
>unlock REAL final boss
>run out of ammo and die

>the end of the first stage

Attached: 150903-2128-mp4_snapshot_06-11_2015-09-03_23-09-59.jpg (660x371, 147.84K)

I remember that jump.

Battletoads for snes. Fuck this game

Mission Impossible on NES, that game lived up to its namesake. So many instant death traps.

Attached: tom cruise simulator.jpg (232x217, 18.14K)

It wouldn't be that hard without THAT part.

Kid chameleon

this was easy to play and enjoyed it

it was one of the few games i completed

Pic related. I never beat it. The title screen also used to scare me.

I remember beating this as a kid. It was very difficult at the time and I'd usually either die during the flying segment on Two-Face's stage or Mad Hatter. The OST was great.
youtube.com/watch?v=RB-WNmLYrd8

Attached: file.png (640x902, 1.3M)

Vampire Rain

Attached: 51C87ucgEwL.jpg (355x500, 54.58K)

fuck that I dunno why developers are idiots or something. First level you get no attack so you have to aviod everything, which makes the game even harder. Why do this I gave up playing this

anyone remember DRIVER

first level is like a filter for the game

youtube.com/watch?v=8iCPzDEkkII

how was i suppose to even know what a salamon was when i was 11 just couldn't do the first level so gave up

Attached: bt.gif (600x720, 618.25K)

Turbo tunnel I guess. Had a lot of nightmares with that stage

I got the best ending 20 years later. YOU WILL GET EXTRA LIFE AFTER YOU COMPLETE A CHAPTER (people forget this). The game is very short only 45 minutes. You have to practice a bit and find the paths and fighting strats. Know how and where to use items (the rat for example). Boss fights are not hard but you have to be quick.

This game was such fucking bullshit. I thougjt I was just a shit kid but I've beaten Furi on furier difficulty and comix zone still pisses me off

All true.
But what a fucking great gimmick for a game.

Attached: Comix_Zone_SMD_009.gif (320x224, 344.32K)