I've never seen a proper counter argument to this

I've never seen a proper counter argument to this.

Attached: 1631781307729.jpg (863x1024, 153.1K)

a source

IQ is a sham and you aren't a genius for successfully playing a 25 year old game

>IQ over 100
>Genius
Okay, Mr. Gump.

I have like a 90 iq and play old RE games fine though?

>IQ is a sham
Why is it always the low IQ people who claim this

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

>Half the population are unable to play with tank controls by default
Which equals to half the fanbase not buying the game.
In other words, RE4 is still the king of Resident Evil games and the game that saved the franchise.

Care to refute this? I'd like to see you try.

>claiming game needs average IQ
>nigger thinks this is genius level

i'm a sub 80 with a massive dent in my head and RE is the only game i've ever been able to beat

Same tier of cope as "dick size doesn't matter", "healthy teeth aren't white", "5'9 isn't a manlet", "almost everybody balds before 30" etc etc etc

>perspective thinking
>on 2d prerendered backgrounds

I believe it. People still leave negative reviews about Mechwarrior online controls instead of the many, many, other actual problems.

Most people have an IQ from 100-120, that's where the midwit meme comes from

Post dent

IQ is the only valid psychometric test ever devised and remains so after 100 years.
it will stay that way no matter how mad or low IQ you are

I'm high IQ but I think IQ are a limited metric if anything because there are multiple types of intelligence so you wouldn't be able to accurately describe it with a single number.

That's wrong. 70% of the population are between 85 and 115.

You're an idiot so of course you want to believe something that points that out is a sham.
And new and different ways of playing games is a retard repellent.
Nothing is more appealing to retards than the simple and the familiar, it's why retards love realism and FPS games.

>Implies himself to be high IQ
>Confused the median with the mean

>IQ is the only valid psychometric test ever devised and remains so after 100 years.
Yes.
>it will stay that way no matter how mad or low IQ you are
What's your IQ? Asking because it is pretty obvious that I was mocking people who claim iq "is a sham".

most "people" are sub 90 IQ practically speaking

>basic perspective thinking = high IQ
lol

>I'm high IQ
>still falls for the "multiple intelligences" meme
No, you're a midwit.

Sodabrain AVGN confirmed his low IQ because he admitted in not only his reviews, but on his shitty podcast, that he couldn't get past the opening screen in RE2 and never even tried to figure it out.

Attached: james rolfe avgn board.jpg (1920x1080, 309.27K)

Attached: 17999228-C5EB-4E74-A1B8-9450288117FD.jpg (1024x539, 39.4K)

I never could understand why so many retards cried about controls in RE games and the like. Now it make sense. Same as with NPC theory I guess.

I can't really tell what you're trying to say. While the camera in RE4 eliminates almost all need to consider the character's perspective separately from your own, it does still have tank controls.

>dude Old tank controls RE are way better than nu RE
>Try them
>They are clunky pieces of shit with laughably bad plots, shitty puzzles and combat that at best reaches the dizzying height of "jank"

wouldn't it just be easier to admit you are a deluded nostalgiafag who thought a 93 poly zombie model with a 32x32 texture map was the scariest shit in 1996 and that this series didn't actually start to get good until 4 instead of trying to trick people into thinking tank RE are good

Attached: nwf_01.jpg (1280x720, 64.06K)

Genuine brainlet right here.

Keep in mind that 99% of games post 2007 play exactly the same. If you grew up on them your brain is probably fried and unable to adapt to new things.

IQ hasn't been altered at all even after the major neuroscientific innovations of the last 30 years. That's suspect. People who study IQ, psychometricians, pretty much only study IQ and the only other methods they use are from the social sciences. That should tell you something. The fact that they use things like Raven's Progressive Matrices, which aren't based on research but are glorified puzzles, should tell you something.

True. Only shape rotators can appreciate tank controls, wordcels are filtered.

Here's a thorough rebuttal:
OP is wanted in the state of Michigan for five counts of rape and sexual assault of a minor, for raping three little boys in 2018. He posted bail using money he stole from his dementia-suffering mother and fled the state. There is a warrant for his arrest.
He was last spotted at a truck stop in Wisconson, offering blowjobs for either $10 or a bottle of Elmer's glue (OP's favorite food), and using the free wifi to defend tank controls on Any Forums.
If you see anyone defending tank controls on Any Forums, please report them to the police. There is a reward of $15,000 for anyone who gives the police information that could help bring this dangerous criminal to justice before he rapes more little boys.

Attached: 1606189657808.gif (181x179, 234.85K)

>what is hyperbole

IQ testing is not standardized and it has no meaningful bearing outside of other test participants in the same group because it’s a QUOTIENT and only refers to where you fall in relation to the mean score

>b-but muh 135 IQ
oh, had it tested once back in middle school that one time did you? Damn that’s a fucking grand slam, you must actually be a super genius, go ahead and cling to that score as validating metric since every other measurable number in your life (graduating GPA, net worth, etc) makes you look like a failure.

What's funny is that RE4 is unplayable trash to me after RE5 introduced the weapon wheel (RE6, Rev 1 and 2 have it too)

Pausing in old Resident Evil games to change weapons makes sense. Pausing to change weapons in RE4 feels outdated and the game is now trash.

epic
epic for the win XD

you winz ALL the interwebs

and YES the cat can haz my cheeseburger ;)

there doesn't need to be a proper counterargument because it's a baseless claim
the whole post is just one user's showertoughts
no one actually looked at a statistically significant group of players, let them fill out IQ tests then have them all play games with tank control and keep track of how well each IQ bracket does ingame

RE4 is unplayable trash because it's full of quick time events.

I have never told a joke in my life.

t. rannysaurus rex

IQ is not actually a bell curve. Negative outliers are much more common. People who are naturally 65IQ are just as rare as people who are naturally 135IQ, but its much easier for a person born with 100IQ to "acquire" 65IQ by malnourishment or abusing drugs or head trauma, than it is for that person to acquire 135IQ.

Emotional Intelligence is femoid cope
IQ does not translate to actual intelligence, its purpose is to determine what skills you can be trained to perform.
It can be used to guess life success, but not terribly accurately.

Might be partially true, a good chunk of people have a hard time orienting themselves in a 3rd person. Which would make tank controls really fucked up for them as the perspective isn't straight forward like something with a 3d camera like a racing game which effectively is just tank controls with a fixed forward perspective. Everyone should go play Dino Crisis 3 and report back on how fuckin sick 3d platforming with 2d(non tank) controls with static angles is. I'm willing to bet that if you're good with tank controls, that game will fucking brain you.

It's absolutely true. The constant perspective shifts render a large percentage of the population unable to play tank control games. You need to engage visiospatial reasoning skills that most people, especially, disproportionately, women, lack.

Children played these games children had an easier time playing them because they don't have decades of muscle memory getting in their way, most people could play through the games but they don't want to play a game with shitty controls which should be pretty reasonable