Do you still buy physical copies of your games?

do you still buy physical copies of your games?

Attached: 1633985458993.jpg (4032x3024, 1.68M)

buying physical copies of games in current year is as stupid as buying physical copies of books

>Buying games

>buy physical copy
>day one patch required to play
>can't download it without connecting to the mothership

Might as well get digital at that point.

>as stupid as buying physical copies of books
I can understand the appeal of digital games, but comparing it to books is absolutely retarded. digital vs physical reading is a completely different experience, whereas digital vs physical for a game makes no difference how the game actually runs

i can play all my games if my account ever gets compromised
you cant

Attached: 1364849497960.gif (293x240, 2.86M)

There was a thread on /lit/ the other day for posting your hand along with what you're reading, and I only recall one person posting a pirated digital book.
No idea how many of the books posted were checked out from libraries.

Nah, books make sense, because you hold it and feel it as you read. Very different from looking at a screen. A game disc gets inserted into a slot and installs on a HDD. You only ever use the disc to prove you own the game.

no, the last disc I bought was in 2015 for Batman Arkham Knight. I've since sold all my discs. I barely buy 1 full price game a year so I'm fine with those games being digital

im scared of a company just stealing my game if they want to, that and storage space costs due to morons and game companies forgetting how to compress anything.

that being said not like it matters. most discs don't even have the game on them.

Yeah I do. It ain't like it used to be where you can just insert the game and play it immediately, and they don't even make game manuals anymore. But I still prefer to get a physical copy if at all possible, if the price is reasonable. Sometimes games just go out of print and the prices become inflated on ebay, and in that case I won't bother.

>Just Cause 4
>$80 bucks
Huh?

Sometimes it's cheaper that way

walmart always has stupid pricing for their games. one near me still had full priced ps2 sports games up until a couple years ago

Yes, if you want to own a copy of a game—that is, a copy that (1) you won’t lose access to because the digital store that sold it to you shut down its servers, that (2) doesn’t require an internet connection at any level, and that (3) you can lend or resell—the only option is physical copies for Nintendo or PlayStation systems. Some games don’t come complete on the disc or require a big day-one patch, but this is not such a common problem that it’s worth going digital; most games are still playable from the disc. I say PlayStation and Nintendo and not Xbox for a reason. The Xbox Series X and S require an internet connection when you first boot it, meaning there will be a point in the future when you can’t get these systems going because the activation servers are offline; the only ones that will work are the ones that are already activated, and once those go it’s over. If this seems like a farfetched scenario, keep in mind that the future is hard to predict. Who would have predicted in 2007 that in 2013 Microsoft would be toying with the idea of abandoning the Xbox division entirely? Things change. As for PC, it’s entirely digital, so you miss a key component of ownership, which is the option to resell. A DRM-free game from GOG is your best bet. If I have to buy a digital game and it’s not on GOG, I go with Steam; I trust them more than Sony or Nintendo. Otherwise, I buy physical.

yes

Pretty much only JRPGs and Yakuza games anymore since I loan them out to my brothers. I occasionally get some from Amazon or Target during a buy 2 get 1 sale. I'm slightly more likely to get a physical copy for a Switch game because those use memory cards that are a lot smaller than a hard drive.
Besides that digital games have gotten cheap enough if you wait for sales that it's much more convenient to do that.

Ebook prices are so fucked it's often times cheaper to get a physical copy shipped around the globe than it is to buy a digital one. It's fucking ridiculous.

I only buy physical games. I do compromise and only buy some digital games that don't get physical releases.

No, what for?

There's no point in physical copies of modern games when you need massive patches for most of the content anyway. At that point they're just a symbolic totem

Always, I like the feeling of owning something physically.
Sure it might be easier to own games digitally now, but nothing beats owning the disc

Only nintendo switch games, but now I have 400 carts to swap around the struggle is real.

physical books don't hurt your eyes

Elden Ring will probably be the last physical game I ever buy

No.
I would still probably buy physical games for consoles if I had to given the egregious DRM schemes they use for digital. But I just hack all my consoles anyway. And there is no point on PC.

It's like buying a CD to import than throwaway when you can just download a lossless rip.

UHD blu ray is the only physical media that makes sense desu.

Physical game are for poorfags. I havent bought a physical game since PS3.

sure, I only buy retro games tho

Zoomer fag

Yes because i can get my money back easily so i can buy another game not like digitaltard who pay fullprice and cant get anything back like these idiot digital item dont have value, the only digital thing that have value now is Darksouls PTDE code

Attached: 1423873865008.jpg (215x228, 59.86K)

>I like the feeling of owning something physically.
Such a brainlet take.
>durr bitcoin isnt real because I cant touch it.
You dont earn good money, do you?

Yes if it's a collector edition worth having or to sell on ebay later

Not everyone is so poor we need to sell a game to get money to buy a new game.
Should I post my library of over 300 games to show you losers whats its like to not be a poorfag bitch?

Shut the fuck up about Bitcoin
Literally nobody cares if you do or do not invest in it
Maybe try investing in getting some pussy, so you don’t have to bring up Bitcoin into every conversation

youre just an idiot paypigs then

>please believe in scamcoin or my monopoly money is useless

>wasting money on games
I get every single game on the high seas, fuck triple A games they don't deserve nothing for their lazy ass jobs

Me deciding to buy a new game
>select it in the psn store
>download
>play

You deciding to buy a game
>have to call your local gamestop to see if they have any used copies
>then you have to decide what games you're going to trade for the new game
>then you have to wait for your mom to stop riding Jamal's cock to ask her to drive you to gamestop
>jamal drops you off and you get your game and walk home
>you put it in your system only to learn the disc is scratched
>your mom comes in your room and tells you youre gonna be a big brother again

Many such cases.

Attached: games.jpg (935x1246, 220.13K)

Yes, mainly because I can get $70 ps5 games for $15 on amazon via disc form.

Aww little bitch are you having a hard time coping because you missed out on the easiest free money ever? Are you really upset because your life is complete dogshit? Poor little guy :(

hahaha, the absolute state of digitaltards
hurrr durrr its easy to download is the only point, goddamn you are stupid

Says the guy bring up Bitcoin into everything kek
Every with all your “money” you still can’t get any pussy
Sucks to suck brother

But little bitch, if I'm stupid how come I have more dollars in my bank account than you? How come you're really poor and really worthless?

i buy every game digitally but i couldnt imagine doing that for books, the feel of the pages having it on a bookshelf is part of the experience

>"physical copy" in 2022
>Its really just a 6kb disc that tells the system to start your download
>Sometimes its just the code and you dont even get the disc.