Warframe

installing now, what am I in for?

Attached: image_2022-02-15_170950.png (1024x1024, 1.68M)

Grinding

Borderlands griding or xp grinding?

regret

XP, but it's the gear that needs xp and it levels fast. Your overall level is based on many unique (not as in rarity) items you have max leveled. This is somewhat inconsequential and doesn't add to strength. Other than it's materials for crafting and mods for your gear. Or prime parts

You can never be "too powerful".
This is a game about becoming a God and being able to decimate everything in seconds.

a very fun early game. once you complete the quests, stop playing altogether and for the love of all that is sacred don't buy platinum, for your own sake

Attached: 1571188597570.jpg (318x325, 10.46K)

Until you play the story missions and they try to convince you that you're sad, weak, and alone by taking away all the shit that you've spent all your playtime collecting.

Some of the best movement in any third person shooter, actually unique occasionally useless abilities, latex butts

>taking away all the shit that you've spent all your playtime collecting.
you should say that he'll get what he had back after the quests plus whatever powerups the quests give

Mediocrity. The "endgame" is nonexistent and everything is built around making you log in every day for that dopamine hit.

Also some of the worst boss battles in TPS history.

Attached: Kot2.webm (1200x674, 2.76M)

>tfw got 10k plat from selling Rivens
living the life, yo, it's not much, but it's honest work

i'm sorry to hear about your chronic virginity

>hey this is pretty fun
300 hours later
>wait a minute, this sucks ass and I wasn't actually having fun

Excellent movement, shooting, and abilities that are fun to use, but the well-structured tutorial is in no way representative of how the game will actually guide you through literally anything as soon as it's over.

There's about a hundred different systems for managing and upgrading all your shit that the game will tell you absolutely nothing about. You need to spend a time experimenting on your own, reading the wiki, or having your hand held by more experienced players to grasp things like how mod upgrading works. It's not too hard to figure out if you have a brain, but it constantly makes normie casual gamers drop the game after a couple hours because they can't intuit- and didn't look up- how builds and mod upgrading works.

Teach me your secrets
Every riven I get is trash and I'm constantly hovering around 100 P selling augments for 25p a pop to stay afloat

This except 1800 hours

One of the most boring grinds in history that leads to more grinding, followed by intense pondering why they didn't just redesign the game to have most of it centered around railjacks.

all you really need is one or two rivens for a popular weapon for initial capital, then you can just start buying rivens to resell

Do you really trust DE to make railjack content that's actually good? Is there even an endless mode yet? I stopped playing when the mech shit became mandatory

Attached: The typical railjack experience.webm (750x412, 2.73M)

Endless grind. Got bored of it and I went though the game twice on PC and PS4.

nothing you have will ever be good, and the devs have no clue what they're doing, nor do they know what direction to take the game in

>built around making you log in every day for that dopamine hit.
this is the main gripe I have with it
too many things reset daily, so many things are built around the word "daily"
sure, you probably will get lots of free decent stuff at first when you have nothing, but it's just sad when you are a god-machine, and missions are way too quick. The devs just can't seem to find that level sweetspots to give the players a good challenge, it's either
>you kill everything within half a km just by existing
or
>this single grunt will take you a whole magazine
the sweetspot DO exist, but it's fleeting between the two aforementioned points

Some neat visuals completely bogged down by endless grinding and braindead combat.

barely a video game
Warframe suckers in new players with the assumption that there's a huge progression system leading to...something. There isn't. The only payoff to ANY of the grind you do is the ability to speedrun one-shot zero-challenge missions faster for more efficient grinding. You don't really "use" Warframes like you would use characters in a hero shooter, each one is just a different flavor and varyingly effective version of "oneshot everything while running by it". Many Warframes have a SINGLE specific use and beyond that you just grind them to grind them.
You know how some games have battle passes that offer progression as you play? Warframe is that without the game part. It doesn't HAVE a progression system, it IS a progression system. That appeals to some people, a lot of people even, but don't play it expecting to ever play challenging content that requires knowledge of your Warframe or involves much personal skill. And before anyone tries to claim Steelpath counts as endgame content (LOL), I'll remind anyone who hasn't played WF that getting to that point is probably hundreds of hours of tedious grind away. Also, the playerbase is entirely insane boomer rut-dwellers that throw tantrums if the devs ever try to add content that is different from the usual grind. Railjack, Freeroams, and the story missions could and should have been the core of the game, rather than cute side diversions to the main """game""" of speedrunning short missions over and over again one-shotting basic enemies.
The best thing Warframe has going for it is that the story missions are REALLY fucking good. Bizarrely good. So good I want DE to make a single player game rather than this shit.

Attached: 1643718733612.gif (498x368, 1.43M)

Be glad you didn't start playing it when it came out. It was Vinductus levels of shit until they patched it a bunch.

Bring back tower keys

prepare to waste half of your time on one-off event bullshit that was never used in the game again

This video makes me fucking nauseated as fuck. Can you not increase the fov in this game?

the players dislike Railjack and free roams because they blow ass

the story missions WERE good but New War shows they've lost their touch completely