If you have 16 gb of ram is it worth upgrading to 32? I’ve never really had a ram problem but it’s really cheap...

If you have 16 gb of ram is it worth upgrading to 32? I’ve never really had a ram problem but it’s really cheap, idk if it will give me any tangible upgrade with vidya

Attached: 68076F5E-06D3-4646-8E60-C85A0DA999EC.png (600x600, 286.37K)

For gaming, 16 is more than enough.
32 gigs is for people that do rendering and shit.

Yeah it's basically how you can pause your modern video game and then browse the internet and do other shit. That's probably the most practical luxury for games

Yes.
Ram makes computer go ZOOOM

going from 8 to 16GB was like ascending heaven for me (also from hdd to ssd)
feels absolutely nice to just minimize programs and boot up games without any waiting, fuck

If anything but your GPU is a bottleneck just get a higher resolution monitor
Theres like a couple games out there that use more than 16gb of RAM anyways. Cities skylines with mods and honestly I cant think of anything else

You can never, ever, EVER have too much RAM.
The more you have, the easier your life will be.

Attached: RAM.png (666x651, 27.33K)

I mean why would you not add more ram lol

this desu, I only have 64GB 3600 MHz and wish I had gone for 128

just look at how much RAM you're using, it's not hard

Attached: memory.png (854x959, 49.6K)

a ram thread nice. can someone help me? the bios tells my by am is at 3200mhz but my task manager says it's 2133mhz. what do i have to change?

Check with some of those third party programs like hwinfo as well

What's your processor?
The maximum ram speed you can make use of is determined by your processor and/or socket type. If you exceed that, it can be the reason for the difference.

it just tells me the current one.

i just said fuck it and got 64gb because ram was cheap at the time.

forgot pic

Attached: file.png (1125x685, 130K)

I heard the new flight simulator too?

your ram is working at 2133 according to that screenshot. go into your bios and make sure xmp is on. it will automatically load the profile for your ram and set it to 3200.

Huh, dunno why your task manager is saying that. You have the exact ram speed your setup should have.

>32gb
Why would you want to limit yourself this much? You need at least 64gb for modern gaming. 32gb isn't even enough for a web browser.

i will check again. i'm pretty sure xmp is on. thanks.

How capable is the 3080 mobile for 4k gaming bros? Either that or a prebuilt

its running at 3200mhz its fine
2311 is the default speed for ddr4 so thats why it shows that

>want to upgrade to 16gb
>current motherboard doesn't support DDR4 but it'd be stupid to buy DDR3 in current year
>If I upgrade my motherboard I'll probably need to upgrade my CPU
>Will probably need a new PSU at this point because it barely supports my RTX 2070 as is let alone throwing a modern mobo and CPU into the mix

I need to build a whole new fucking PC just to get more RAM.

I'm was originally going for 16gb but am going to get 32GB because I'm building itx and upgrading down the line means replacing the sticks.

The real question is 3200 cl16 vs 3600 cl18. They cost the same. (3600 cl16 is a good 25% more expensive.)

no
lol
i honestly dont think its even worth upgrading my 1070 to a 3070
i might just be like fuck it and get a prebuilt with win 10 while i still can with a better cpu and gpu than my comp
but what new games are moddable or need pc these days ?
everything i wanna play is fine with a 1070
if i get a ps5 even tho i know sony is evil i can scoop up new games for 10 bucks on sale and play my ps4 library at hopefully 60 fps
idk tho honestly not sure
i like pc gaming but console is so much better for stress + your back