This is what an open world game looks like in 2022

>this is what an open world game looks like in 2022
>TES6 will release in five years if they stay on schedule
>it will look far worse than this
>in fact it will barely look better than Skyrim which came out in 2011

Will Todd get away with it?

Attached: 124.jpg (3840x2160, 3.49M)

I think Skyrim 2 will look just like Elden Ring graphically but combat-wise it will be as clunky as Horizon Zero Dawn

TES6 will look better than this garbage though you salty PScuck

it better have mordhau combat, it fucking wont though

a crossgen open world game, no less

TES6 will have integration with a cocksleeve

>Will Todd get away with it?
The coomer audience will always keep these games alive because of mods
If you want a game with good gameplay stay far away from Bethesda

I don't think you can pick up random bucket in Horizon and keep it in your inventory.

I heard TES6 is going to come with a stainless steel chastity cage to keep its users from being horny.

This has absolutely nothing to do with graphics

The game is shit but it does look pretty

Attached: 125.jpg (3840x2160, 3.47M)

It has to do with interactivity. People throw a shit on Bethesda for having shitty graphics, but all things considered Skyrim was impressive for being able to run on 360 despite all the memory limitations (PS3 couldn't lmao).
No one even attempts to try to copy Bethesda with the ability of picking up any trash in the world and actually keeping the state of objects, because they're well aware how much of a pain in the ass it would be to do it, while keeping the focus on graphics, since that's what usually sells the games. And no framerate doesn't sell the game to people and Halo Infinite was the proof of that.
For better or worse, people embraced the fact that Bethesda can make junk, they just don't have to repeat Fallout 4 again.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about, the interactivity is built into the engine as-is, the artistry and fidelity of the assets has absolutely fucking nothing to do with it, Bethesda just has shitty artists that refuse to improve

Attached: 764ew.jpg (2560x1440, 1.03M)

Not to mention that TES6 is also likely to be a crossgen game for the next generation so the gap should be even bigger. It'll look like an early PS3 game while releasing on the PS6.

>the artistry and fidelity of the assets has absolutely fucking nothing to do with it
You're aware what RAM is used for? But I agree that overall FO4 and 76 artstyle was crap.

You can make a fantastic looking game using the exact same limitations as e.g. Skyrim in terms of RAM, polycount, texture resolution etc if you have good artists that can make use of what they have.

The low poly model in pic related has more artistic appeal than anything in Skyrim despite having fewer polygons and a lower texture resolution than one glove in Skyrim. A modern Disney/Pixar movie has far more fidelity than Arcane, yet Arcane looks better because it has better artists, despite the fact you can sometimes make out the individual polygons in Arcane, whereas Disney/Pixar subdivide and smooth everything out until it's a blobby mess. I've never seen anyone rave about Pixar's ray tracing, but I've seen a lot of people talk about Arcane's literal painted shadow textures.

Attached: 1511104089415.gif (720x480, 3.07M)

Sure it's possible, but considering the nature of Bethesda games, they sure would have harder time hitting comparable level of graphical fidelity as Horizon on the same hardware.

True, but
>they will have a five year lead
>it won't have to be cross gen with the last gen like Forbidden West is
>the PC version also won't look nowhere near as good
>it will look like an early PS4 game at best, fidelity-wise
>art-wise it will look just as ugly as all their other games

I'm not saying it has to look like a hypothetical 2027 Horizon game, I'm not saying it has to look like the current Horizon game, but given what we know it will likely look worse than the 2017 Horizon game, despite releasing 10 years later. Just the animation quality alone will BTFO anything Bethesda will ever put out, ever, I would bet on it. I'm using Horizon as an example because it released recently but you can swap it out for any AAA game, RDR2, TLOU2 etc. They simply refuse to put the time, money, and effort into making things look convincing or pretty, especially movement and characters.

not even the face mod made her pretty enough for me to play her game

TES6, whenever it arrives, won't be as pretty as Horizon, nor will it have the fastidiously detailed environments, but you can bet it will look far better than Skyrim.
Fallout 4 was a mild leap from Skyrim visually due to the mediocre art-style, but still possessed higher quality textures and lighting systems throughout. Skyrim itself was an enormous leap from Oblivion, which also possessed greater fidelity than Morrowind, regardless of stylistic hiccups.
ESO is its own entity.
Regardless, The Elder Scrolls games and Horizon aren't going for remotely comparable game design ambitions outside their fundamental open world base. Generally, TES games pride themselves on immersion, freedom of choice, an enormous sprawling in-game universe of eras, characters, and empires etc. whereas Horizon more closely resembles the game designs pioneered by the Witcher 3 and Ubisofts modern games.

You'd have to be some sort of salty sony fanboy to even bring up the comparison in the first place though I guess, seeing as they've been cucked out of future TES games.

>Skyrim itself was an enormous leap from Oblivion
Only tech-wise, art-wise it was ugly as shit.

>Elder Scrolls games and Horizon aren't going for remotely comparable game design ambitions
But here's the thing, if you transplanted the art directors, animators, crew etc from Guerilla Games or Rockstar or any modern studio that puts out good looking games, to Bethesda to work on the new TES with them, you could get at least 70-80% of the way of achieving the same visuals but retaining the Bethesda interactivity.

It's genuinely just a shitty artists problem, there is no tech limitation in Bethesda games that dictates all characters have to look and move like stiff mannequins using canned animations, or that UV wraps have to be misaligned, or that the player character has to glide over the ground never feeling like it actually touches it, or that textures have to have obvious repeating tiling, or that the arrangement of scenery needs to looks completely dead and unnatural, and many other things that make Bethesda games look like vomit. There is simply no one working there that is concerned with addressing these things, or even knows how to do it.

It's not like the guy making the models or creating the animations will be the same guy who's coding the interactive elements and he can only find time for one or the other, and it's not like they have to recreate the engine and systems from the ground up every time. The player character animation in the first Assassin's Creed (2007) is light years ahead of Fallout 76, in the decade of meantime Ubisoft invested a ton of time and money into making the animations dozens of times better through procedural animation, bone and muscle physics simulation, having animators that understand body locomotion, motion capture etc. The movement in Fallout 76 is fundamentally identical to the movement in Morrowind, and TES6 won't be different, theydon't care because they don't have to, because everyone will buy it anyway.

Attached: rdr.jpg (1536x768, 223.26K)

They did a decent job with the water but that's it, the rest looks generic at best, bad at worst.