Are you learning how to play untranslated vidya?

Are you learning how to play untranslated vidya?
How's your progress?

Attached: 1619747674342.png (1200x1600, 732.4K)

Am I retarded? No.

with assistance of textractor/mtl I can do it but it's a big pain in the ass, I'm never learning kanji

Are you learning to grow uncommon grain?
How's your progress?

Attached: 1605889801640.png (1000x779, 1.03M)

reminder that learning kanji independently from vocabulary is important and the invested time will pay for itself

are her videos worth it?

Attached: 1623797699482.jpg (900x900, 79.25K)

Yes, they are fantastic but not in a vacuum. Watch the first 10 videos while learning kana and grammar then dive into actual material. She explained things super well but you'll get the most out of it if you already have a basic familiarity with actual material.
I'd also recommend doing GENKI with it.

What happened to her?

No because I don't care about any Japanese media.

She got sick and couldn't continue making vids. Even then, up until she died she still responded to every comment and gave grammar advice. RIP.

So far so good. Just started a new VN and trying to do at least one or two hours per day.

Don't do it is my only recommendation.
I tapped to Djibril 4 and read France Shoujo, that was the peak. Now I realize learning a language just for literal masturbatory purposes was perhaps the most stupid decision I've made in my life, and I'm a psychology PhD.

8 years deep and can agree
except in my case i dont have any great ambitions or obligations in my life so it's a perfect fit

explain further

Damn

Attached: 1468544761548.jpg (1000x1000, 221.16K)

what exactly is someone doing when they are 8 years into acquiring a language?

can only speak from experience but i have been a neet for the past several years and spend ~65 hours a week consooming weebshit

I recommend going through the nihongoshark joyo kanji deck, don't worry about anything but memorizing the keyword. The purpose is to learn to recognize and distinguish individual kanji so it's all coming from a bank in your brain instead of it all looking like random squiggles you learn on the fly. It also spares you from confusing similar looking kanji since you've already learned to distinguish them all and it makes drilling vocab go a lot smoother too because half of the time you can already guess what a new card is gonna mean just from the kanji alone.

People will deny all this but there's a reason this is the way kids are taught the language in Japan

Kanji difficulty is extremely overrated, they're all assembled from from a bucket of about 50 possible constituent pieces with maybe a few extra dots or lines thrown in.
"A boo boo boo but the pieces are arbitrary"
So are the syllables that make up words and you don't consider that to be a big deal. And Kanji components are not entirely arbitrary anyway.

yes. the sooner you start the better. i was already a year into it before i discovered her

>So are the syllables that make up words and you don't consider that to be a big deal
still, they usually kinda sorta correspond to the sounds of the word, yknow?
in some languages moreso than in english

>moreso than in English
you make it sound like there's some actual correspondence in it. English is a fucking shitshow pronunciation wise, Japanese is a hundred times easier, even with Kanji having multiple readings.

Radicals can give hints about sounds as well as meanings.

What is easier, learning moonrunes or becoming a drawfag?

Attached: 1639556409019.jpg (1920x1080, 221.09K)

Any tips on learning grammar? I'll take anything at this point.

Attached: 1629757963681.jpg (1440x1401, 162.43K)

reading a textbook?
what's causing you trouble user?

moonrunes, less prone to carpal tunnel