So how much ram do you ACTUALLY need Any Forums?

So how much ram do you ACTUALLY need Any Forums?

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x720, 225.2K)

I use 12GB. It just werks

As much as the consoles use

I need precisely 32.6 for sculpting anime bobba in blender while listening to black men rapping

bet your works are shit lol.

4gb

Attached: 1582444366876.jpg (1080x1266, 84.57K)

On windows 10 thats poorly administrated and used by a tech illiterate zoomer that needs 100+ browser tabs and other useless software running in the background at least 16GB in dual channel mode and of 3000+ ddr4

Windows 7 ised by a sane tech literate user only 8GB in at least dual channel ddr 3 1600

Windows 10 works just fine on my Surface Pro 3 with 4gb of RAM. The more RAM you have the more of it W10 will use to cache things that are accessed often, but I guess that's too difficult of a concept for you to understand

i've had 16gb since 2012. i dont know why you wouldn't have atleast 16gb nowadays with how much memory programs hog up

I can write a book on system memory.

16gb would probably be enough but i have 32gb since it didn't cost much and will last for awhile

Sure you can, I believe you

Here the first page will be a preface
>dedicated to user that believed
>dear user I could have done it without you

Depends on what you consider "need". You could in principle go live innawoods with no RAM, or stick with legacy software. I used to have 16 gigs but seeing as that software like browsers use as much as they have available and games and other primary workloads might use 10 or so gigs, that lead me to regularly run out of physical memory and lots of swapping. If you were willing to kill the other processes or wait for their memory to be swapped, the 10 gigs or so consumed by single applications would be sufficient. I don't want to do that so I upgraded to 32 gigs, which was enough to disable swap entirely: more memory would still be useful for increased cache size, but that's of relatively low value.

Flight Simulator 2020 uses 12GB of system RAM
Digital Combat Simulator: World uses 16/32GB of system RAM

The 16GB meme from 2015 is becoming useful now, so you can expect the 32GB meme to become useful in a long stupid ass span of time.
If I was a better me, I'd get superfast and superlow latency 16GB of RAM, in the 2x8GB form, but it's not a big deal, but yeah the safe spot right now is 16GB of system RAM and 8GB of VRAM

I bought 32gb thinking I'd never really use more than 16 and yet flight simulator typically uses over 20gb of RAM just on its own.

Thankfully I bought 2x16 sticc so I can upgrade

Attached: 1382919798446.png (200x180, 34.86K)

>tech literate
>using an OS that's past EOL
Fuck off retard.

I have 32GB because I also run creative software. Plus I fucking hate that every modern browser eats like 1GB while having 2 tabs open. When I get a new prebuilt (that's right) I'll upgrade to 64GB since windows 11 already demands more RAM.

It's not how much, it is how fast. I had 32gb of ram before but then theyy came out with faster ram, so I sold mine and got 16gbs of the faster stuff (I am saying faster cause I don't remember speed) and it does just as good or better than the 32gb.

My old PC used 24GB back in 2010, fast forward 12 years and my current PC is using 32GB. Even with how bloated modern Chrome based programs are, I don't really feel the need for much more than this

I have 16 GB RAM on my ~10 year old pc. I've only changed the gpu, and added a new ssd. Haven't had any issues running games I'd like to play.

It's probably microstuttering like crazy and bottle necking the GPU but you just don't notice it

The best part of all these shitty benchmarks is that they all use same 4 games.