After playing through the original trilogy for the first time the new 2018 game feels onions now...

After playing through the original trilogy for the first time the new 2018 game feels onions now. I would summ it up as pure unapologetic fun vs low energy gameplay and castrated Kratos. Why weren't the fans of the original more vocal about how bad they ruined the series?

Attached: god_of_war_2018-2.jpg (1968x1100, 2.2M)

I was vocal

Because the culture changed at the same time
pure heroic characters are considered "simple" and "bad" while heroes with flaws like Iron-Man are considered complex and kino
Edgy character like Kratos is considered simple and childish while nu-kratos is considered intelligent, calm and complex.

Old Kratos is anything but "simple", he's arguably a deeper character in the first game than the 2018 one. It's just that the presentation is different, the original asks the player to make an effort and piece the puzzle where the new game spent millions on voice acting and motion capture to communicate its story.

Because there was an active media and social media campaign to make it seem like everyone wanted Kratos to """grow up"""

Doomguy is still popular and he has zero depth in Eternal like every other Doom game. He's just a badass demon slayer and nothing else and fans love him for that

>"Considered"

Because fans of the original grew up to be onions filled onions themselves.

>pure heroic characters are considered "simple" and "bad"
Kratos in the original series was definitely not "pure heroic". He was an angry man obsessed with revenge that was extremely brutal and killed innocents that got in his way. Hardly heroic in the conventional sense. He is a lot more heroic in his current iteration

>Heroic
Ok so Im a huge god of war fan and time and time again It flabbergasts me how Kratos is supposed to be a hero. Im sure some people were just saying that as him being the main character but most of the time they see him as good. No hes a complicated asshole who wants everyone to fuck off. The only good thing he really did was give the Power at the end of 3 up for the last few surviving humans. Hes a dick the gods were dicks. But fuck i love him. Like Athena said He will always be a monster but thats his burden.

Kratos is identical to a Greek hero, but that's not the point. I used "pure heroic characters" as an example of culture change, Superman for example is seen as boring character

I've been playing the older GOWs on PS3 starting with first game and that Cerberus puppy fight is filtering the fuck out of me.

I wouldn't call Kratos castrated. More like old. He regrets his actions. That's the main difference. But he can still bash in skulls if he wants to.

>He regrets his actions.
In other words his character was completely ruined.

I don't see how. He has pretty good reasons to regret his actions.

Just finished 3 on Titan mode and it's balls to the wall rage autism from start to finish.

God of Onions has to have a Last of Us walking and talking emotional moment every 20 minutes and gazing at set-pieces every half hour. Why the fuck they made GOW into an over-the-shoulder Last of us clone is beyond comprehension.

Well it sold really well. They want to cash in on the newest trend for single player games. It's even semi-open world just like most games are now.

God of War was always a dude bro game that most people didn't care about, like Gears of War.
Vocal old fans are a very small minority regardless of what they're being vocal about. Most of the new fans are just sony movie-game goers.

The majority of the audience just wants more 'mature' narrative experiences, with no real care for when it takes fun out of the game like numerous walk and talk sequences

Don't care. Cope. Seethe.

Attached: 1644870519795.jpg (1170x1103, 160.59K)

oy vey

nigga what puzzle

Because they didn't ruin anything you fucking sperg.