Ace Attourney

About to install this
What am I in for?

Attached: adsd.png (1629x553, 1.42M)

Hopefully you're playing with a controller that can enable turbo or whatever, if not then use a guide as soon as you get down to one health/mistake on the bar up top.

If not then hope you like reading the same shit over and over and over while ruining your A button. Seriously, use a guide when you get down to the last health bar.

>use a guide
look at this casual and laugh

It's a VN with some interactivity during trials and investigations.
Don't be a faggot like and solve the cases by actually thinking your answers through. Also you can literally save and restart at any given point in the game.

1st game is kino.
2nd game is meh until the last chapter which makes up for everything.
3rd game is kino in a different way than the first.
Drop the series after you're done.

the first game is the best one try not to be too disappointed

>use a guide
Another braindead retard jesus christ

I spent 50+ hours without guide and ended up going 100+ hours with a guide. That is a lot of time for someone like me.
I definitely use guides for now on.

Attached: 1644816655944.gif (400x400, 1.77M)

>taking 50+ hours in a fucking AA game

you wot

A good game, a tacked on overlong bonus case, a rushed piece of shit sequel, a fantastic case that should have been the first game's ending, and a smattering of good and shit cases designed to tie together a trilogy that wasn't planned at all.

>she took twice as much time WITH a guide
It just sounds like you need to learn to read

Only beat the first one so far but it is indeed investigation kino.

Good VN/Adventure hybrid.
Problem is it gets stuck in its own meta and suffers from it. Villains keep escalating, gimmicks keep exaggerating, gameplay mechanics being to trump writing and case design, continuity and fanservice starts overpowering per-episode quality.

Gumshoe is a good example. He has an arc in the first game that culminates in what's definitely going to change his life going forward. 2 and 3 bring him back to just play that arc out again as a continually exaggerated joke/catchphrase before even the devs realized it was too much and shelved him. He's still fun, but 2 and 3 would be better off if they respected 1's direction and used him in new capacities for future stories. This kind of thing happens to most of the cast and series.

the best the series has been and will probably ever be

Some of the greatest kino in videogame history. And Ace Attorney 1 and 3.

what made 2-4 so great?

kino

A lot of character drama and the whole thing getting close and personal despite starting as yet another steel samurai themed case.

wrong, 3 is peak

Inestigaytions 2 was kino though

One of the best VN series ever

The characters in that banner are the best characters. That's it.

Have fun.

Or you can just save and restart when you are not sure

Take a guess how many of them will die

You're in for an absolute blast. 1st game is kino, 2nd is meh with 2 of the worst cases in the series, but also one of the best in the series. 3rd is also kino and is such an amazing end to a trilogy.