Over 9000 spinoffs

>Over 9000 spinoffs
>Can't simply make a sequel that builds from the foundation the original set

Attached: 1631313475390.png (671x420, 257.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3fV7jcfYFdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FILTERED.

Its pretty obvious that original RO was a fluke. Also, while I usually hate this expression, a "product of its time". RO released today with zoomers and nu-MMO players would be an awful experience.

the ones you love are in the past

Old players changed too, it's really hard to go back to a "social experience" like RO. I don't have the time or patience to grind and sit and chat for hours on end anymore.

>Old players changed too
Indeed. You can't step in the same river twice etc etc.

there was a novelty about it back in those days but too many games have prioritized QoL to the point where it's unplayable now

Our current notion of time spent online has changed drastically over the years. Nowadays you can't just /sit chat and chill. You'll inevitably feel the urge to do something or get something done. Scrolling and gacha ruined this genre.

There has never been a real attempt at making a sequel. It's always been "Modern MMO template but with a Ragnarok Online skin". Every single time.
I've lost track of the mobile ROs because there's like 3 or 4 of them but those are probably the closest we've ever gotten, but only from a purely aesthetic perspective. In the end they're MMO mobage that play themselves and have on-rail quest progression.

Fortunately Ragnarok Online is still in development and even if it has changed greatly from the original, it's still got more soul than any other kMMO on the market.

Attached: dragon_knight.webm (222x246, 405.47K)

Investors and the Twitch addicts both influence game design too much. The best you can do is promote social MMOs like Ragnarok Online and Mabinogi so the people looking for that know they exist. The design alone will filter out people who think modern WoW is the only kind of MMO that exists.

the original devs are gone since the beginning when the original company bankrupt

>Fortunately Ragnarok Online is still in development and even if it has changed greatly from the original, it's still got more soul than any other kMMO on the market.
Dude, just shut up and fuck off, the concept of 4th jobs is the most soulless shit they have ever pooped out

It fits the current flow of the game. And from a design perspective it's definitely better than 3rd jobs.
My major problem with modern RO is how basically everything is locked behind time-gated instances that are meant to be played solo.

Is that supposed to look good?
>you can mount a Dragon now!
Fuck off, I want my Peco Peco back.

>And from a design perspective it's definitely better than 3rd jobs.
Yeah, i love me some 2 button gameplay
>Press 1 to fill your ultimate meter
>Press 2 to spend your ultimate meter
>Previous skills dont matter anymore

>it's still got more soul than any other kMMO on the market
They literally copied the WoW model. And that's when they lost most of their leftover playerbase.

Previous skills matter more than they did when 3rd jobs came out. Quite a few 4th job skills work by improving your previous skill set, while basically every 3rd job skill was meant to completely replace previous skill sets.
>build up and spend ultimate meter
A strange design choice but it's not like it changes much. Even in the vanilla game you didn't use too many different skills unless you were a magical class.

The real issues with nu-RO are the hyper-focus on instanced content, the powercreep that made even god items obsolete, the death of War of Emperium and PvP, and turning the game into a hat collector gacha machine.
There's also the issue where certain pieces of equipment make or break a class because it has effects that reduce/remove cooldowns and delays, effectively making useless skills into overpowered skills.

i think they all lack the autism the orignal RO have.
they never tried to go crazy with the stats again or something like the card system, they will always lack the insane amount of variables the original had.

Attached: card.jpg (300x400, 51.23K)

I want to go back

Attached: 1642112796625.jpg (1376x758, 147.27K)

They should make metaverse out of it. I would buy their token.

>Its pretty obvious that original RO was a fluke
100% this
Gravity is the eastern Behaviour Interactive. One surprise success in a sea of absolute shit and shovelware

That isn't even the real RO, just a pserver, a vile mockery of the real thing. Me on the right.

That train has sailed long ago, just play Ragnarok Battle Offline if you need a nostalgia trip.

>Ragnarok Battle Offline
Oh shit I remember that game being a ton of fun with a banging soundtrack. I played it years ago and a lot of shit wasn't translated or readily available. Are all of the games available translated now and do they play nice with win10?

Can't remember where I downloaded it, but you can get it with all addons and a rudimentary english translation that works on Windows 10. Just be sure to check the wiki to see how to unlock moves and skills. The OST is still one of my favorites.
youtu.be/3fV7jcfYFdU