Apparently SE has been consistently putting out news about Stranger of Paradise at the middle of every month since...

Apparently SE has been consistently putting out news about Stranger of Paradise at the middle of every month since november and we might expect a final demo that would also be available for last gen consoles.
Source: some user told me so.
Just wanted to make a SoP thread, but I do wish we could see the game run on last gen or that at least we could hear a bit more about the game before release. Most anticipated game of mine at the moment and I think I'll pass Elden Ring for this one.

Attached: astos.jpg (1151x580, 62.26K)

>not just getting both Elden Ring and SoP
but yeah I'm excited for it too, gameplay is tight and I have faith in the team after Nioh. the initial trailer gave the game a bad impression, but the demo completely turned me around.

Attached: 1465840795408.png (301x312, 137.26K)

For some autistic reason I feel like I have to finish Sekiro before moving on to another From title, plus while the game looks good I'm just not as hyped and think I'll wait for potential DLCs or general reviews of the game before making the buy. Contradictory, I know, since we know SoP will have a season pass so I'll have to put extra cash if I buy the game day one instead of waiting for a complete edition ala Nioh.

just finish sekiro then dummy. I legit stopped having fun in sekiro but still 100% it so people couldn't tell me I hated it because it was hard

Should I buy this for the ps4 or ps5? Is there a point to getting the PS5 version if the PS4 version is probably still playable on PS5?

The PS5 version will probably look somewhat better

>get ps4 version
>get a free ps5 version with the ps4 version
why get the ps5 version?

Maybe I'll do that. I was just past Genichiro and advanced a little in some snowy area with monkeys down the castle and stopped there if that's any indication of how far I am in the game. It's also that I've developped this compulsive buyer shit since christmas like a drone with steam sales etc and now have a shitton of games on my backlog, so Sekiro isn't even my priority of game to finish and I don't want to add another game that I'm not THAT interested in to the list, even if I know I'll get it eventually.

IMO apart from the final boss genichiro is the hardest boss in the game. he's a hard skill check that you can't get past otherwise (bar explicitly cheesing him in the corner).

I don't know, I beat him on my 3rd try. Sekiro is very manageable to me, it's not a matter of it being difficult that's stopping me, just distraction by other shit in my life or other video games. I don't even find it bad, just not that engrossing.

Maybe i'm not understanding it right but wouldn't a native PS5 copy run better than a PS4 copy on PS5?

I don't have a PS5 (yet) but I plan to upgrade, and I want to know which version to pre-order it for the steelbook for. I WANT to play it now but I could hold off if there was a good reason to buy the ps5 version. Then again, the stealbook for both is probably the same.

I'm guessing it's one of those cross-gen deals "free upgrade to the digital ps5 version" or some shit some games have like Resident Evil 8. I don't know if it's generally just a graphical patch and the base game is still technically the ps4 version or if you really do download a nextgen digital version of the game. I heard that for Cyberpunk the patches worked around the last gen versions while a newer patch was announced that would make it so you have an actual ps5 version of the game so maybe most games that have this option really do just work with last gen in mind first.

I did the same thing

honestly I'd have had more fun if one hit didn't do half your health, that's a little too hardcore for me and just made it not fun.

While we're on the subject of Sekiro. I've seen people fighting Owl at the top of the castle where you fight Genichiro and others at lady butterfly's location. I'm and was wondering if I missed something or if you're supposed to fight him later, or if it's a ng+ thing since I know the game has branching paths.

there comes a point in the story where Owl tells you to obey the iron code and forsake kuro, you can obey him and listen to the shinobi/iron code to get the bad end, or go against him and stay loyal to kuro and fight owl there after you disobey him. then again you find out later that owl was the one who was behind the attack on hirata estate, so you fight him there in his prime foggy on the second point

So you figth him either way? Alright by me if the boss fight itself is cool. Now I heard Emma or what's her name, the lady who upgrades your medicine gets a boss fight but that it's completely dependent on certain factors and you may never get to that figtht on a first playthrough, and I've seen people complain about this since apparently it's a damn good boss fight.

the emma fight is in the bad end, if you choose to obey owl and go against kuro. you don't always end up fighting owl, only if you disobey him, and there might be consitions for the second fight, I forget it, since its been a while since I played the game.

for PS4 games with free PS5 upgrades, putting in the disc lets you download the PS5 version from PSN. you can choose to install the PS4 version from the disc anyway, but it doesn't install automatically if it sees an upgrade is available.
the reason to buy a PS5 disc for cross-gen games is that you can install the native PS5 version from a disc, rather than needing the internet and a PSN account matching the disc region. while it's a minor benefit for most people, having the PS4 version as well is virtually no benefit to a PS5 owner.
the only good reason to buy a PS4 disc, assuming you have a PS5 by the time the game is out, is if you want or need to share the game with someone else.

>EGS property for a year
Guess I'll grab it for PS4 or something.