When will we get VR with electric signals to the brain that simulate sensations? itchiness, pain, death etc

when will we get VR with electric signals to the brain that simulate sensations? itchiness, pain, death etc

Attached: 220050606.webm (700x392, 1.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sOomPWdO42Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd love to simulate death for 12 hours every day because I sleep like shit.

wtf is this pov supposed to be? why are their eyes on their pelvis

its gotta be coming by like 2025 at least right

we need a super mutated corona-ebola-aids polymorphic-virus that is so dangerous that the government starts heavily funding extremely immersive entertainment technologies for the prolonged lockdowns that come with the virus

When will immersive VR let me simulate being crushed to death by a giant girl?

Attached: 1635012855851.jpg (1200x1697, 444.4K)

Will it let me simulate shrinking down to be a girl's foot slave? I hope so

I'm gonna need a bigger jar

Is there anyone actually working on this kind of technology? Gosh imagine the possibilities.
I can't wait to see what it feels like to be roasted alive

That's (you)r head between her legs.

Why would you want to know that?

A long fucking time.
In open brain surgery we can stimulate brain tissue and it can create certain sensations. Problem is that these sensations are not mapped exactly the same on a person to person basis. So stimulating the area that made one person feel something approximating boobs might make another feel tree bark or something.

Stimulation of the brain through the cranium is difficult and imprecise. You tend to end up hitting a bunch of shit at once because you need a lot of power to hit anything through the bone. Usually this is done with big ass magnets and the results look more like a stroke.

The most likely scenario for getting that sort of tech off the ground is an implanted brain augment that maps your brain in real time for a long time, eventually getting a near complete map, then after that someone can build a game or vr experience and the implant will know where to stimulate to elicit the programmed sensations.

So 50+ years on the short end imo

because I'm a deranged perverted masochist fucker with dumb fetishes duh

Rift s bros, when do you plan on upgrading? I feel like the device is outdated at this point but also dont feel like upgrading now is a good choice because the index also isnt the best anymore. Thoughts?

unironically gaben is working on it

Why has gaben put so much interest in vr?

fat
old
dying

Attached: 1633325226261.png (567x552, 426.2K)

He's a fat fuck that loves video games.

POV of this guy?

Attached: EB_GAMES_GUY.jpg (600x610, 37.95K)

Do it. The Matrix doesn't even need machines with death lasers to keep everyone in pods. Make a good enough fantasy world you can log on at night and people will you'll have a hard time getting people out by their own choice.

I'm still waiting. The Rift S plays the things I want, the upgrades that make sense are either the Index as you said if I want to spend a ton of money for a device that will soon be outdated, or the Quest 2 and get a very similar device but that's even more cucked by Facebook. I'll just wait to see what next gen brings.

What about the g2 reverb?

I was waiting for that one, looked okay but honestly I'm not doing enough VR stuff to justify moving to it right now.

This guy is quite into VR stuff, maybe he has some good info for you in the near future, user youtube.com/watch?v=sOomPWdO42Y