Main character becomes the villain

>Main character becomes the villain
What games do this??

Attached: images (15).jpg (622x493, 66.94K)

>ends up being a cuck

>DEFENDING YOURSELF FROM ETHNIC CLEANSING IS... LE BAD!
do pozzed sjw libtroons really?

Prototype 2, badly.

Based

Diablo

It is when you've already seen the future and know it doesn't work.

>Can see the future.
>Can see that he dies a cuck and his home gets nuked.

>we saw the manga ending
>we know how the anime ends and can't do anything to change it

I kneel to the metanarrative kino

>It is when you've already seen the future and know it doesn't work.
Eren's dream in the first chapter and all following setup implied he had failed and was using the Founder's power to gradually iterate his life towards freedom for the Eldian people. But Isayama decided to burn all that and turn it into a pointless, non-cathartic Marvel cuckoldry necrophilia ending in which the original Eren is vindicated on account of Eldia being fucking firebombed to the ground.

Attached: bit.png (447x547, 346.83K)

How so? Haven't played that one yet

NieR, in more ways than one.

Attached: #1 dad.png (700x700, 496.72K)

Yeah, the Eren that got visibly pissed at Grisha and Frieda in Paths when literally no one was watching him is the same character that out of nowhere bitched about a girl he was cold and distant to his entire life.
He was just acting guys.

Attached: 1612582630968.jpg (680x501, 89.13K)

The MC from the first game shows up as a generic, mustache-twirling faggot of a main villain with a completely different personality than he had in the first game. Apparently there's some comic that explains exactly what happens between the games to make him change so drastically but I can hardly give a shit. It doesn't help that Prototype 2 is a generally worse game overall, and despite selling well it still led to Radical getting axed, which I'm still fucking bitter about.

Breath of Fire 4 canon ending.

Attached: bof4_end2.png (1092x683, 736.21K)

So if I understand this correctly, human NieR becomes the shadowlord and Replicant NieR is the good guy?

>Villain

Wait, that is how Attack on Titan ends? WTF?! I haven't seen the anime and I already got spoiled by the plot and twist.

Fuck my life.

Attached: 1628138886695.png (420x413, 294.56K)

Original human Nier becomes the Shadowlord, who serves as the antagonist. But actually, the Replicant Nier you play as (for the rest of the game) gradually becomes the real villain, dooming humanity when the twins tell him TO HIS FACE that his life was a lie.
It was interesting to play a game where all main party members develop in positive ways except for the main guy, who develops tunnel vision to the extreme.

Attached: 1306635656154.jpg (640x480, 134.87K)

Replace "good guy" with "protagonist" and you'll be totally correct.

CoD Cold War. And to be fair, the CIA absolutely deserves getting backstabbed by (You)

Attached: 1630177858844.png (678x632, 13.02K)

Yes. tl;dr it goes full retard, you would've been better off stopping as soon as Eren got the warhammer titan

I regret reading the manga. Most of my friends are positive and excited about where the anime is goin, while I am cynic and pessimistic knowing the rumbling is the best scene in the entire franchise and everything will go to shit from here. I am basically Eren and my friends are Armin/Mikasa/Jean.

You know AoT shat the bed when most of Any Forums finds Eren a bigger loser than Shinji Ikari

Wait Attack on Titan has a plot? I thought the appeal was watching people get eaten alive and torn to pieces.

I'm sorry, pekoanon. You can finish watching once Eren is happily carrying out the Rumbling, if you want. It's better that way.

Attached: baldnonce.gif (220x391, 2.87M)

That scenery...