Kirby and the Forgotten Land: The Bandana Dee Question

Let's discuss the defacto player-two character of Kirby and the Forgotten Land: Bandana Dee. Is he a good fit for the role, or would the role have been better-filled by a character like Gooey?

Attached: Clawroline lunge.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1493057610039566336
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He good fit for role tho.
I really liked his interactions with Kirby.

Attached: KIrby and b dee.gif (500x281, 1.08M)

it fits the plot more than ever and I would like both neverthess

I feel Gooey gets shafted because he's not that easy to implement the superstar formula and was easier to have as a kirby cloneish with smaller move pools was glad to see him in Fighters 2 so it shows that they do care for him

shame about Adeleine but her movepool for Fighters 2 was probably too broken

twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1493057610039566336

New footage of the Clawroline fight, it looks pretty fun, and maybe a 3 stage fight?

I really do like how fishing became a character trait for him, it fits his blue collar style

wow those phases look awesome, really expressive

haha yeah...
it's not like that's what kirby and gooey used to do together or anything...

Attached: 1624724973590.png (500x477, 135.58K)

>trying to bait shitposting because the first thread died too soon

Attached: 1503976887356.jpg (1280x720, 61.71K)

He’s a good fit because he’s friends with Kirby. The true answer is wanting both, don’t give me this “better fitting” faggotry. We know you’re shitposting.

the game is about waddle dees being kidnapped. the literal only better fit for helping free waddles would be king dedede himself

she's more feral than I expected, and there seems to be a theme of showmanship/magician for her fight

Omg her attacks are like that?
i'm gonna have a really hard time in true arena then.

Attached: Kirby surprised.png (851x446, 312.87K)

>don’t give me this “better fitting” faggotry
Well assuming it's not shitposting, what would constitude "better fitting"? Wider utility? If that's how you define it then Gooey would be superior, since he can do everything Kirby can do, presumably including Mouthful Mode abilities.

Bandana Dee sure has come a long way from just being King Dedede's moral support.

Attached: Untitled.png (528x345, 313.12K)

I knew she would look like a cool boss.

Also Gooey is better. Bandana Dee would make more sense as Dedede's right-hand man.

Attached: 1644788736681.jpg (544x434, 77.97K)

In KDL 3 gooey was literally a kirby clone
he got his own move set in Kirby Star Allies while was a bit of a specific thing can not transition into 3D easily but that doesn't mean he couldn't just be the whip in 3d with his tougue and all that jazz

Ado is the same boat of it could work as well with certain changes
but honestly they feel like they should be unlockable characters with more crazy movesets than the go 2 player 2 junk

I would like Gooey better if he gets the same big mouthed ability like Kirby. That way cooperative play can work without solely depending on Kirby himself like the past games had.

Attached: 6f59d70f253968e64ccbae83b2e56633.jpg (670x1191, 77.75K)

Damn that's actually a lot of move variety. I was wondering how they'd handle the bosses this time since the 3 dimensionality requires more variation and it looks pretty good.

We also have evidence of the armadillo throwing what I can only assume is his trash waifu at you which is hilarious.

Wonder how many of these guys we're getting. Presumably 5-7 worlds as usual.

Attached: 1644507410715.jpg (1920x1080, 1.35M)

He was meant to be able to use all of the mechanics the game has to offer, so Player 2 doesn't feel gimped compared to Player 1, but he had one minor difference. His tongue worked differently from Kirby's inhale. It was a timed attack, rather than one you can hold. And whereas Kirby could only spit bubbles underwater, Gooey could still use his tongue to eat enemies or items.

Attached: 79003644_p15.jpg (2857x1928, 2.4M)

I mean, Gooey hasn't hasd much chance to interact with Kirby. They only went one adventure together prior Star Allies. At least Bandanna Dee appeared multiple times building his character and such

Gooey was a very small part of the DL2 adventure as well.

Attached: Rick.png (497x178, 48.27K)

Dee is okay, I just wish Dee hung out with Dedede more.

>throws cape just like Meta Knight has in Adventure
>boss battle focuses in close combat
>disappears in the ending, presumably when Kirby beats her
Guys, I think she might return later in this game.

Attached: FLRv6BPWYAIlaJr.jpeg.jpg (1437x1080, 106.55K)

I remember. Him and his girlfriend were things you had to save if you had an animal buddy with you. Nothing really worth talking about though

If we were only talking about things that were worth talking about, there wouldn't be a Bandana Dee thread.

Attached: 1635145164200.jpg (261x440, 32.06K)

Bandana Dee is fine. Gooey wouldn't have been bad so that Player 2 could also use Copy Abilities, but Bandana Dee is a lot easier to push conceptually. He also fits the plotline of saving other Waddles Dees well.

>tfw no Kirby and Gooey racing cars together, Gooey's googly eyes bouncing all over the place
What does Bandana Dee do in Mouthful Mode sections anyway? Just disappear?

this is just embarrassing user

>Dark Matter kidnapped and imprisoned Gooey during the events of Dreamland 2
I wonder what Dark Matter saw that made him turn against him.

You'll get over it.

>Bandana Dee is a lot easier to push conceptually
Please don't say that, you'll validate the faggots that think he's a lazy character for Hal to use.

Probably something simular to Epic Yarn, where he'll just ride on top of Kirby providing support.

I think he meant if people wouldn't complain about character/ or focus on new game hype/ speculation this would be an issue

I'm not even sure. Maybe he'll just hop on Kirby during the transformation, but I generally don't like it when one player usually gets all the cool powerups and the others don't.

>All the bosses dissapear when they're beaten
>And then they return in the final battle to help you
>MFW

Attached: 1644446748239.jpg (766x602, 66.65K)

I was skeptical at first since she looked a little lame, but this actually looks like a pretty solid fight.

>shame about Adeleine but her movepool for Fighters 2 was probably too broken
Definitely not an excuse when they nerfed Magolor, and had the nerve to include Artist instead of her.

Attached: 1587346385686.jpg (305x534, 41.18K)

They already do that to themselves

yeah that sucked having Artist and no Ado