After playing this, I'm convinced that older games were better

After playing this, I'm convinced that older games were better.

Attached: DKC2_PC_Cover.jpg (640x450, 93.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O0ikW7pVa_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love platform games but I never really liked Donkey Kong Country. But I agree that the game has a very good "feeling", I think because of the way the levels flow. The game has a kind of constant pace where you go progressing preserving the momentum, it's hard to explain but the experience is quite pleasant.

2 Tropical Freeze > 1 = > Returns > 3

All good games though.

Ehhh, nugames have their merits too. Its just they never had to deal with as many limitations as those old farts and thus cant comprehend some issues theve never had to deal with

Full retard.

what didn't you like about it?

NES games are garbage with very few exception, and emulating makes you appreciate just how massive the gap from 3rd gen to 4th gen, it's insane.

>filtered

Incorrect. It is 1>2>TF>R>3.
No game is below a 9/10 though. They are all genuinely fantastic.

Attached: IMG_20200116_180317.jpg (640x480, 61.26K)

Bad opinion

>I play shit to impress a deep and unhealthy personal expectation of myself based on internet memes
It's your time you're wasting.

Attached: 1644516735800.png (735x572, 265.53K)

imagine being this wrong

They are all good games, this is just a comparison between them.

Attached: dkc games tier list.jpg (329x772, 94.05K)

hey man just because you're a zoomer doesn't mean you have to have shit taste. welcome to the club

Why are they garbage to you?

not him but I completely agree with him. most NES games, even the good ones, are simply outclassed by their 16-bit counterparts

They're just too janky and rudimentary. They have no saving. The gameplay is extremely simplistic. They rely almost exclusively on cheap tricks and time-wasting bullshit that is frustrating for a new player but trivial once you know the layout. Constant flickering and artifacts. Infinite spawning enemies that respawn the second you leave the screen. Constantly screen changes. Janky controls.

SNES literally tripled the amount of buttons, added saving, and allowed games to be much more complex.

The only good NES games are Castlevania, SMB, and Mega Man, and all those have much better entries on SNES anyways

Attached: DK Universe chicks tier list.png (850x492, 435.17K)

Bruh why is Donkey Kong Country so low on the list

Well yeah it's a huge technological leap but that doesn't make them garbage

it makes them obsolete

And that's one of the weaker platformers on the SNES... It starts out great but it shits the bed after a couple of levels.

playing NES games at this point is like watching one of those really old movies from the 20s that had no audio and those shitty crank operated cameras

I did not care for DKC3. Gameplay was good but appearance and music was just uncanny and unsettling for me.

Attached: 1644614684583.png (365x241, 5.23K)

youtube.com/watch?v=O0ikW7pVa_I

Obsolete technology will always have a place in society

Tropical Freeze fucking sucks and I'm tired of pretending it doesn't.

yup just like betamax and HD dvd

donkey kong 94 is the only fun dk game

I liked it but I wouldn't rank it higher than 2 or 1

They're an interesting part of history and it's fun to see origins of franchises and tech advancement. They're just not very fun to play for the most part.

same

Tootiw higher than Jugga from Conker?
Candy Kong not in A at least?
What the hell?
And why is Grunty's sister so high?

>After playing this, I'm convinced that older games were better.
welcome user. cheers.

Attached: 1625767177000.jpg (250x245, 6.32K)

No dumbshit its 2>TF>3>1> dkcr