Is this an actual good game?

I will finish SMT V soon and would like to play another RPG after I'm done with Pokemon Legends and Elden Ring?
Is Xenoblade 2 actually worth playing? Or is it only good for Pyra and Mythra?
The recent outrage brought this game to my attention.

Attached: 1637433801249.jpg (750x1000, 176.8K)

Yes but play 1 first. It’s just as good and it makes 2 more enjoyable.

The recent "outrage" is fake. It's propped up by shitposters and retards who believe them.

the gameplay is terrible everything else is great, still it you like smt and damage sponge enemies, you might like this shit

No

its pretty good but id recommend playing xc1 first

>Pyra and Mythra
pythra a shit, poppi best girl

Attached: 1520927928478.jpg (544x960, 131.03K)

XC2 is great. XC1 is just okay. Its up to you if you care enough to play chronologically. I played 2 first

I think it's amazing.
10/10 experience.

stop shitposting and just play the game to answer that question to yourself

Attached: 1612489518862.jpg (640x480, 58.37K)

What's so bad about it?

I really like Pyra&Mythra

What's so good about it?

But I would have to pay to play the game...

>But I would have to pay to play the game...
Sasuga, discordfag

This thread is mostly about figuring out if I should buy XB2 or not.
I like the lady characters from Smash. Bought them there.

You're only gonna hear fans say it's good and others say it's bad. You wont get any clarity asking such a basic question if it is "bad" or "good".

>This thread is mostly about figuring out if I should buy XB2 or not.
I can't tell if you what you are after with this contradiction but if you are concerned about investing in something might potentially not like just emulate it first then.

Attached: 1592139748640.png (350x350, 373.67K)

Some like it, some hate it, if your rig is good enough just emulate it to try it as a demo before you buy.

i didnt care for the first game. 2 was one of my favorite games of all time

What is the question I should be asking then?

I guess I can emulate it. Thanks.

I don't care for the first game either.
I only got interested in the franchise because of Pyra and Mythra.

Anything more specific, naturally it should relate to what you hope for, expect or want the game to have. Otherwise, just play the game

Attached: 1607454983326.jpg (554x509, 152.43K)

>Or is it only good for Pyra and Mythra?
I only watched the game, but Nia is best girl.

Attached: nia.jpg (680x937, 75.16K)

>I really like Pyra&Mythra
you are stupi-
fuck you are beyond stupid

in regards to the gameplay, the game is REALLY fucking bad at telling you how it works so pay close attention to the tutorials that pop up cause as far as I know some don’t ever pop up again and some of them are really important to actually understand how the game plays. Here’s an important one for example:
you have special moves called artes and the best way to charge them up reliably is by spamming your first attack in your auto combo. To spam your first attack just move your left joystick after your first attack hits. Overall the combat takes a while to fully get, and there’s a lot of shit on the screen, but it’s legitimately fun once you get your bearings.

Play 1 first or else you won't get much out of 2

It has a strong core surrounded by bullshit that detracts from it. For example, the combat is great, but the game does a shitty job teaching you how to play, to the point that you may as well just look up a combat guide on youtube or gamefaqs.

The exploration and design of the world is pretty fucking good, but constantly being held back by field skill (imagine Pokemon HMs, but obtained through gatcha rolls, and you have to grind to level them up) checks is absolute fucking shit. Grinding out affinity charts/trust to keep your blades in top fighting shape is also some serious Legends Arceus tier shit of "defeat 20 of this enemy with this specific move!"

The story gets really good in the second half, but the first half is kind of a drag. If you have played FF14, you can think of the 1st half and the 2nd half as similar to the difference between ARR and Heavensward.

I could keep going on like this. The main point is, it is a great game buried underneath bullshit. Your tolerance for the bullshit will determine how much you can enjoy the game. Because the good stuff that is there, is really fucking good. The first game is also worth checking out, play it first if you can. It's combat is good (not as good as 2's) but it actually teaches you how to play it well. The story has really good pacing/hook in the 1st half unlike in 2. No Field Skill bullshit hindering your exploration either. The sidequests are pretty MMO tier in 1, but with the QOL features, it's easy to accept a ton at once and just complete them passively while exploring.

Also, the English Dub for Xenoblade 1 is one of the best english dubs in gaming, it actively improves the story.
The english dub for Xenoblade 2 is one of the worst english dubs in gaming, it actively makes the story worse.
Both are good games worth playing, but be aware of the flaws going in.

Alright. Is the game mechanically hard or deep like SMT V? I think the girls are very nicely designed and I enjoyed SMT V a lot despite the lack of story so I'm not very interested in a good story. I am looking more for a mechanically tight game with lots of beautiful women. I would like deep and fun gameplay tools such as fusion in SMT V and I would like the attacks in gameplay to have a strong impact.

I know nothing about her since she's not in Smash. The orange jumper seems kinda weird though and she doesn't have big boobs...

You sound just like Mythra.

So long as it's fun, I don't mind a bit of a learning curve.

I'm not interested in 1 because it doesn't have Pyra&Mythra. It is also pretty old at this point...

Attached: 1638015299138.jpg (1400x790, 358.19K)

>the best way to charge them up reliably is by spamming your first attack in your auto combo. To spam your first attack just move your left joystick after your first attack hits.
This has to be a bug though right? Well maybe less a bug, and more "not doing it as intended"

its my favorite switch game

>Also, the English Dub for Xenoblade 1 is one of the best english dubs in gaming, it actively improves the story.
>The english dub for Xenoblade 2 is one of the worst english dubs in gaming, it actively makes the story worse.
Based takes.

>and she doesn't have big boobs...
Ya but her personality is much better.
Also small boobs are best boobs

Attached: 1616212443787.gif (200x200, 2.47M)

1 has many worthwhile girls if that's what you care about user.

Attached: 0edfcdabbd34852f6e076a2904c48fb1fd0279f0.jpg (1000x1000, 223.17K)

You want windows yuzu and vulkan if youre emulating, at least on nvidia.

That sounds pretty good. Thanks.
I guess I can check it out.
Is the dub that bad though? I rather hear English voices since I can understand them rather than Japanese ones...

Why do you like it so much?

Really? P&M seem to have nice personalities too.
Also yeah, I prefer big boobs. I am mostly a fan of classical female beauty. Could never like these new fangled small boobs and tomboys and such.

Probably yeah but none of them became popular like P&M. I didn't even know of the Xenoblade series before I saw them.

Thanks!

Attached: 1629064675335.png (716x1166, 1.33M)

>Alright. Is the game mechanically hard or deep like SMT V
Deep? yes! Difficult? Only while you are on the learning curve. Once everything clicks and you finally "get it"- as long as you are properly leveled/geared then you won't have many issues with the main story. Not a cake walk, but definitely not a challenge. While you are learning, a lot of thins will feel challenging however, and the way the world is designed, there is always the threat of something way higher level than you being right around the corner to ambush you.

There is post game super bosses that can pose a challenge, and a challenge mode (it's DLC and post game) that is legitimately challenging and difficult that requires careful planning, execution, and build consideration. This is great, but you are talking about something you would reach after putting 60+ hours into the game. The DLC unlocks a brutally difficult mode called "Bringer of Chaos". I do not recommend this for a first playthrough. You have to be an absolute master at the game that understand every mechanic on an intimate level to make it through this mode, unless you do it on NG+ or something.

>I know nothing about her since she's not in Smash. The orange jumper seems kinda weird though and she doesn't have big boobs...
Advice, don't make yourself sound like a parody of smash perverts. DFC can be just as good as big booba.

>I'm not interested in 1 because it doesn't have Pyra&Mythra. It is also pretty old at this point...
It is old, but the DE has some good changes, and 2's combat builds off of some of the core ideas in 1. Playing it first may make the transition to 2 easier, especially since 2 is ass in regards to teaching you how to play.