First of all how are there 7 of these and secondly how are you expected to play them all

first of all how are there 7 of these and secondly how are you expected to play them all
they're like 100 hours or more if you do all the side content, and the side content is the point.

Attached: yakuza-series.jpg (1280x720, 80.05K)

That's not very long

they came out over a period of 15 years. you shouldn't try to play them all at once.

>how are there 7 of these
People like to play them so devs keep making them.

> how are you expected to play them all
Play them with with a few months pause in between or you'll get burned out.

first of all how are there 15 of these and secondly how are you expected to play them all

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Logo.png (3840x2160, 29.55K)

The side content is not the point. It's there because the main content sucks. If you just ignore it and play only the story stuff they aren't long, but also don't waste time playing them because the stories and writing sucks and the combat is terrible.

you can skip 3,4,5

These aren't connected stories

It's like 40 hour games overall desu

>and the side content is the point.
It really isn't. The most fun way to play these is to just do as much side content as you feel like, when you bump into it. Going for 100% is a chore.

>how are there 7 of these
There are like twenty of them including remakes and spin offs. They've made at least one game most years since 2005, sometimes multiple games. The trick with all long running franchises is to jump in early.

Step 1. Play Yakuza 0
Setp 2. If you liked Yakuza 0 then continue a few months later in Release Order or with the Kiwamis
If you didn't like the gameplay but liked the rest skip all games until Yakuza 7 if you don't like Like a Dragon either stop playing.

Just do all the substories, 100% completion of minigames is for masochists and diagnosed autists only. Also don't play through more than three or four in a row without a long break in between.

don't force yourself to play them all in too short of a time. I found a good break between each entry to be around 2-3 months or more, and I make it a point to do every substory as well as try every minigame or other side activity. the side content isn't the point of the games, but definitely a significant part of each game with the time they take. the nice part about the series is you can play as much or as little as you want
this

If you include spinoffs that take place in the same canon, there's a lot more than 7, too.

Fucking hell Lost Judgment had so many shitty minigames.

>If you liked Yakuza 0 then continue a few months later in Release Order
Not OP, but that's literally what I'm doing.
I realized I fucked up the order by starting with zero, so now I'm gonna play games through release order starting with the original PS2 game.

Attached: download.jpg (512x512, 61.54K)

They're incredibly fun; it just takes awhile to catch up if you're just starting the series. It's not a slog unless you need to grind hostess substories or any other required part of a substory you might not like. Each game, including all substories, usually takes around 60 hours to complete.

Never start with 0. Retards will tell you this, but just ignore them. The gameplay never evolves and you can just pick any random one you want as the story doesn't have much carry over between them aside from a random asshole yakuza member.

>I'm gonna play games through release order starting with the original PS2 game.
just watch the recaps of 3
maybe play 1 just to understand why haruka is with kiryu and to learn about nishikiyama, 2 doesn't really matter just watch the recap

I'm one of the fags who went 0, k, k2, 3 and onward. I'm not even touching the originals until I'm fluent in japanese. The english dub sounds so fucking bad from the clips I've seen, and they don't have the option to use japanese audio.

They're like 20 hours each
And you have to start with Kiwami 1, don't listen to retards telling you to start with 0, start with K1 and if you like it play 0 after, then K2, and so on