How do we fix the horror genre?

How do we fix the horror genre?

Attached: 1644309379743.jpg (1280x1234, 189.01K)

Silent Hills

OMG JAPAN! O LUV JAPAN!!!!!11!!!!!!111!! XD

Legit? I had this cool idea where the horror doesn’t come from the style of gameplay but rather from the storyline and atmosphere/presentation.
Basically, imagine combat like DMC1 combined with exploring and puzzles more in line with RE. And the atmosphere/feel of Forbidden Siren

give the guys who made alien isolation a terminator license.

More furry sexbots

That sounds like one of those things that's good on paper but put into practice would fall apart. Then again, Nier: Automata combined a despair ridden story with platinum's combat so who knows.

>How do we fix the horror genre?
Lots of good games. Nothing to fix.

I recently played the Half Life mod Afraid of Monsters and I have a question is there a name for the way monsters will move slowly for a step or two then like move erratically fast then back to slow, I know its a thing in japanese/asian horror, I kinda want to play more horror games that use that.

make a game about being an amerimutt doctor who made a career out of circumcising newborns. all the babies that died from screaming so hard that their lungs collapsed (around 1/100,000 mutilated amerimutts unironically die this way) begin haunting you, and your goal is to survive. use severed foreskins as wards to keep the ghost-mutts at bay, consult your rabbi for advice, and try to keep mutilating amerimonster newborns for as long as possible.

that would be a pretty good game.

>with platinum's combat

Attached: 1639318126456.gif (192x224, 41.74K)

More tension less jumpscares

>foreskins
That's Silent Hill 4 for you.

Yes. Platinum games worked on it, and it was essentially an amalgamation of all their popular character action games. For example: The Overclock chip is ripped straight from Bayonetta's witch time, the way characters communicate is extremely similar to the way it's done in MGR, and A2's taunt maneuver is essentially Jetstream Sam's.

Capcom has already saved it. Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remakes are fun games with good combat. Hell I have problems with Village but still at the end of the day it was a solid entry.

Hopeful that we're gonna get another game by the guys that made Remake 2. I don't see why they wouldn't.

what game?
Yes that's right. Seethe all you want.

By not making "horror" main part of the game

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_.png (700x525, 454.73K)

Looks like Shenmue

alien isolation 2

>How do we fix the horror genre?
We must stop valuing visuals over sound design