What are some casual easy-to-pick-up fighting games that don't require me to memorize a million combos?

What are some casual easy-to-pick-up fighting games that don't require me to memorize a million combos?
I always tried a bunch of fighting games like picrel and MK but I just end up mashing buttons agains AI because I'm too much of a brainlet to play efficiently

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 144.36K)

Under night, Strive, Melty and granblue to name some more recent ones.

Akatsuki Blitzkampf
Samurai Shodown V: Special
Street Fighter Alpha 2

Attached: d42.jpg (680x444, 64.33K)

The best fighting game for casuals is one they can actually find matches in against other casuals. Right now that's GG Strive, Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat 11, or SFV. All fighting games short of extreme outliers like SamSho and Footsies are going to require you to learn at least a few combos but most of the big ones you really don't need to learn more than one or two, they just seem like they're more important than they are because no one makes trailers or videos showing the low level play casuals are going to engage in.

Most fightans feature some kind of character who isn't that reliant on combos, these often being grapplers (not a rule, though). You could play Gief in SFV for example

Or just play pocket fighter

holy shit Sagat is fucking hueg

I heard that them's fightin' herds is good for beginners if you don't mind the presentation

There's always smash if you're okay with it being more of a party game than a fighter

Why did mike z get rid of burst and still make the game a combo autism fest

Any game is good if you have a buddy or two to play with.
I picked up KoF 2k2um, Skullgirls, and Tekken 7 to play with em and it's a grand time. You won't really learn much against AI, so playing against and learning with people your own skill level is ideal.

Of those I found KoF the most fun and easiest to play honestly, movement in it is smooth and nice. Tekken 7 seems the easiest until you have to learn specific matchup knowledge.
Smash is cool but online is awful, also Project Plus plays way better than Ult too if you play beyond just a super casual level.

Nitroplus because of its unified hitstun and extremely generous inputs, but the balance is bad and its a discord fighter.

Old melty and EZF both had very generous inputs, smaller movesets and generally easy commands, so you could do fairly long combos on like your first time on a character simply by pressing buttons that feel liek they should hit, but they're dead even by discord fighter standards.

I'd honestly just rec SF5. You can largely beat 90% of its playerbase with just target combo into special into super or similar easy shit. But its dlc practices make it not worth playing without DLC.

Anything simpler than nitroplus veers into not really a fighter territory like fantasy strike and strive

I find KoF a mixed bag difficulty wise, it's pretty easy to hop around spamming normals but actual getting a proper confirm takes time. The 02 games are a bit more combo centric which can make them a bit tougher but not everyone depends on max mode.

Because past a certain point, SG becomes a small combo into reset fest and that's the issue where he focused his autism into

No game requires you memorize millions of combos, learn basic bnbs and then play other people to learn the much more important skills of spacing and reading your opponent.

All of them. The secret to enjoying any fighting game is to simply find the character that a) appeals the most to you and b) has the playstyle you jive the best with.

Attached: 99f3ddbb88f8ddde6c5dbba668e2990b.jpg (933x923, 87.85K)

What fighting games focus on fun?

kyanta
but it sucks
sux
suck
succ
bad

All of them if you're willing to gitgud

With people you know it's nice because most of the characters are fairly easy to pickup and get a grip on, fundies will carry you a long way and character order/matchup variety makes it have a lot of extra depth. I recommend 02 mainly because of just how good it feels and the sheer amount of characters, but 98 is great as well.

under night since everyone is broken

Based on the beta, DNF Duel will be. There ARE combos but they aren't all that hard for most of the cast, and there's not a loss of depth. Also SamSho is the go-to "I hate combos" fighting game.