Now that the two Earthbound games are on Switch Online, what's the next game for this feel?

Now that the two Earthbound games are on Switch Online, what's the next game for this feel?

Attached: e1f50400214b76166ed7b28b1bc78c08e898e13455baec783fa5498b61494a1d_1.jpg (640x675, 75.57K)

I've never been as committed to anything as nintendo is to not releasing mother 3

undertale

You've had like 15 years to play the fan translation, GBA emulation runs on fucking everything, stop being a poser.

>Huge [retro game] fan excited to play it for the first time

Touhou

flan

Attached: Flan.jpg (1162x876, 82.52K)

For the first time ever I actually think we'll get Mother 3 pretty soon
Probably one with some of the child grooming stuff quietly rewritten, and maybe with the magypsies a little bit redesigned

But if you think about the climate in 2006 when Reggie decided not to localize mother 3
>Most people only knew about Ness from Smash Bros, Earthbound was a niche RPG from 10+ years ago with a cult following, along side a dozen other niche RPGs from 10+ years ago with cult followings
>The vast majority of people had never even heard of Mother 1/Earthbound Zero (even though i think the leaked official translated rom was online as early as like 1998) and didn't know Earthbound was a trilogy
>Reggie/Nintendo had a fairly staunch "Western audiences won't get it" attitude towards a lot of Japanese games, like obviously there had to be a giant fan campaign to get Xenoblade Chronicles localized

versus now
>Earthbound has been released on 4 "modern" devices, the WiiU, the 3DS, the SNES Classic, and the Switch
>Earthbound Beginnings is common knowledge and isn't trapped on the WiiU for the first time ever
>Both get a big feature in a Direct, which has happened before but still - when they were previously featured it was when Nintendo had nothing
>Western audiences are obviously totally fine with Japanese-focused games, with Live A Live and and Xenoblade Chronicles and Chrono Cross being heavily featured in the most recent direct
>GBA games are probably coming to NSO+, it's just a no brainer
>Itoi is basically paying his rent with all the Mother series merchandising he's been doing over the couple of years

So to me the original hurdle, that it's too niche and western audiences wont buy it, is gone
The new hurdle is the anticipated controversy towards some of the Magypsy stuff, and Itoi might not budge on that so it could very well never happen- but if they can work that stuff out I'd expect it to release relatively soon here.

holy fucking BASED

Whenever a popular youtuber reviews a game, theres always a bunch of zoomies pretending they played it

Those kind of people moved on to Undertale.

Persona 5

That already has an anime adaptation, it's kinda immune to this.

To answer the question, probably
>Live A Live

A lot of people might be exposed from the way Oersted sometimes shows up in random projects as a crossover cameo.

But this a real cult classic among cult classics, never released outside Japan, spoken of with fond reverence among real hobbyists, basically to SNES JRPGs what Timesplitters is to Gen 6 shooters.

And now it's getting a remake coming to Switch.

Persona fans don't play persona

Does Warhammer count? most people playing the games have never touched a mini in their life and have gotten their grasp on the lore from fucking Text to speech or whatever let's player they watch, lot of WH "fans" are secondaries this is more of a /tg/ problem than a Any Forums one though

I dont get nintendo online, if its a subscription service does that mean if you cancel the subscription theyre just like tough shit no more snes ports 4 u?

Why won't they release it?

Because its funny.

Tranny fairy people and music I think?

Most "Earthbound fans" use the I'm a fan of their game card when people get mad at them when all they do is spam pk fire in Smash. "I play Ness not because he's lowkey broken, it's because I just heckin love Earthbound".

Basically. The SNES/NES etc. digital libraries basically just do a mandatory check whenever the console connects to the internet, and if you cancel your subscription or if your console hasn't connected to the internet for a while it'll lock you out of playing them.

Fallout 1/2

Super Mario RPG is probably the last big game that's not on SNES online yet.

Is there anything wrong with this? it's like a totally different game, FO3 onward are fps games with some rpg shit

I am biased though as I did go back and play fo1 didn't like it

Most "fans" of the first and second Fallouts have never played them, and if they have they probably quit a tenth of the way through because it was too hard, effectively the same reasons the Pathologic fanbase is still growing