How come the new IP sold with its first entry about as much as the WHOLE Metroid franchise...

How come the new IP sold with its first entry about as much as the WHOLE Metroid franchise? Why does Metroid sell so little?

Attached: 9F0567A2-70BE-41DC-9AA0-59CAD1D7008E.jpg (3464x3464, 940.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fake numbers

Because metroid is overrated shit

There aren't that many Nintendo fans that actually care about Metroid. In fact, the general public doesn't care about Metroid itself nearly as much as the usage of the term "metroidvania" would make you believe.

Because Metroid is a niche game, and not as popular as you fags pretend it to be.

Metroid is a relatively niche series

no one pretended metroid was "popular" and I don't know what you niggers still parrot this horseshit, metroid is a massively influential series which has nothing to do with its commercial success

Horizon was a console bundle with 100 times the marketing budget in the most safe and repeated genre on the market for the past ten years.

Way more people playing games since 2005 than there were before 2005. The best Metroid games came out before 2005.

HZD is good

It's because, at its core, Metroid sucks balls. Ever wonder why Metroidvania's do better than actual Metroid games?

Attached: DWrS5hj.jpg (540x549, 23.75K)

>overrated
>sells so little
pick one retardo

I've been noticing this, what the hell? Didn't Metroid create the genre?

Holy shit lol

I'm sure if Nintendo bundled Metroid with it's consoles and give it away for free it would have high numbers as well.

>rating
>sales

2 different things genius

The less of a game and more of a movie your game is, the more normalfags who binge netflix while spamming arrows at zomgsokewl rowbotz dynoz zomg will buy it. Simple as.

RDR2 wasn't successful because it's a great game. You all still think in terms of gameplay, interactivity, but it hasn't been about that for probably over 10 years.

The more realistic something is, the easier it is to understand for the masses, and therefore the easier it is to adopt and consume in the case of games. Nobody took the game Pong seriously back in the 70's but everybody takes something like a fucking squirrel in RDR2 seriously because they're simple people who want simple things. The more esoteric and symbol based a game is, the less pull it will have with the masses, and the masses, mathematically speaking, have more money than a few "gamers".

Attached: 1643300398581.jpg (2048x1152, 404.92K)

>shit for normies sell better
wow, imagine my shock

When did we stop counting bundled copies? We certainly used to count for Mario Kart, Mario 64, Zelda etc

>open world game vs. 2D Castlevania ripoff

Everyone loves Samus.
Everyone hates everything else in Metroid. The enemies, the level zones, the powerups...

Her face looks fucking weird as fuck.

Literally everyone who has a PS4 has a copy of Horizon. They gave it away for nearly free so many times it's like how everyone with a steam account older than 7 years has at least 1 copy of skullgirls.

That's the point of her looking like that. HZD is firstly a game made for women, and secondly everyone else.

But Zelda breath of the wild sold 26 million units...

By the way, really crazy that it only sold 6 million more than Horizon, since everyone lambasted Horizon over here with BotW comparisons

PS4 has 117 million units sold, that's not true.

It's literally true though

it's franchise sales, it also counts the Prime games and first person shooter is the most popular genre (see: Call of Duty).

Most normies know what metroid is though. It's not some hidden gem. It's a famous series that isn't very good and everyone knows it

1 - Horizon is a great game.
2 - Metroid is not "family friendly", Nintendo big sellers are all Family friendly games. Hardcore gamers are a minority on nintendo, most are casuals or mommys/daddys that buy nintendo for their kids.

Metroid is really only popular in the west

Metroid is hardcore now?

But women like attractive looking women tho.

why do snoys compare metroid to an open world game? shouldn't you compare it to what was supposed to be "metroid done right" or whatever your marketing department tried to push last year, you know that returnal game? maybe it's because it sold a fifth of what metroid dread sold

Metroid has never been a huge franchise, especially in Japan.

>But Zelda breath of the wild sold 26 million units...
And Genshin has 53+ million active users. You can't use the statistical exceptions to reach any conclusions. Mortal Kombat 11 sold the most out of any fighting games, therefore fighting games are super popular, right? Wrong.

I don't think you could have missed the creator of god of my wife's son having a meltdown on youtube because he got filtered in dread's very first area

Mortal kombat is the best fighting game.

>women like attractive looking women tho
I'm not a woman so i can't call bs or agree, however i can look at the track record of female character design in western games in recent years.

Attached: 1517106820461.jpg (863x506, 87.05K)

$70 new IP game on 13 million user base v $60 established and beloved franchise game on 100 million user base

One sold 560,000 copies, the other sold 2.74m copies. This is not looking good for Metroid Dread, son...

>Mortal kombat is the best fighting game.

Attached: 1594165474601.png (926x809, 25.82K)

How come none of the all time best selling games are sony exclusives?
And in fact a huge chunk of them are Nintendo exclusives
Even Microsoft has one game on this list
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games
Do most PS owners just play fortnite and cod all day?

That's just western media telling people what they should like tho, there aren't actual women actually asking for this shit.

A lot of baseless ramblings of a seething schizo. Can you back up any of your claims?

Most of those Horizon sales were at $10-$20 whereas Nintendo rarely ever discounts their games. That's why.

It's only "influential" in its tiny little niche. Outside of that niche it hasn't influenced a damned thing.

Sounds based. Why is Nintendo so greedy?

Tendo bros... things are looking FUCKED for us

The vast majority of those BotW sales were at full price.
The vast majority of the Horizon sales were at a massive discount. Much like most of PS4 exclusives.
Which is why Nintendo has far higher profits than Sony does, even after Sony milks so much money from Fifaniggers & Fortnite zoomers in MTX.

this is completely wrong as Animal Crossing and Mario Kart sold way more than Horizon. Animal Crossing is the normie game.