Isshin the sword saint is the best boss in any videogame ever

Isshin the sword saint is the best boss in any videogame ever
>more or less impossible to cheese
>so hard that he started a massive discussion about difficulty in video games
>100% fair
>perfect buildup, atmosphere, visuals, aesthetic
>great music
>forces you to perfect all of the game mechanics, guaranteed to make you much better at the game
>gives you advice when you die and congratulates you when you win
>every single phase has a surprising new twist that spices up the fight (him crawling out of genichiro, the spear and the gun, using lightning of tomoe even though it’s heretical)
>can be fought infinitely due to boss replay mechanic, perfect for training
>legitimately just a fun fight
>filtered game journalists
>incredibly lore relevant, you spend the whole game learning about how he is a legendary swordsman so it’s awesome when you finally get to fight him
I genuinely want you to name a boss that is better than isshin

Attached: 9FDC48BC-102E-458A-B1A8-D4807FE44A1C.jpg (1200x800, 103.01K)

His third phase is easier than his second phase because of the lightning and his second phase is only so hard because it's hard to see what move he's going to do due to the flowers and the slope of the hills and the particle effects. His first phase is the most fun part, and his fight during the Shura ending is better in my opinion.

>>more or less impossible to cheese

Except hes extremely cheeseable.

Isshin is one of the best bosses of all time, he's only slightly beaten by like 5 other Sekiro bosses.

His other fight is too easy and there are so many ways to cheese it

How, might I ask? There are ways to make it a lot easier, such as the umbrella, but all the actual cheese strategies were patched long ago

>so many ways to cheese it
Well I'm not a casual who intentionally tries to cheese shit so I wouldn't know.

Not only that, his onyl "dangerous" move is the 360 degree sweep which you can 100% with either jumping on his head or using good ole umbrella, the most retarded and OP item in the game.

You can dodge all ashina crosses, you can BLOCK all ashina crosses, his mikiris are telegraphed and easy as fuck. His swordstyle (long windup, quick release) you already mastered with Owl.

All in all, Genichiro is the peak kino fight. At that point in the game he actually teaches you what a REAL boss is.

I would say the only one that compares is owl

If I boss can be cheesed, I would call that bad design. But you don’t even need too because he’s pretty easy anyway

Isshin Ashina is way more kino, especially because its the sith ending. Also, its real Isshin and not some demon version summoned by Genichiro.

They purposely included Demon cheese so you can get over with this fucker in under a minute.

Never fought DoH fairly, never will.

Well maybe not 5 bosses better but I'll put Ape above Isshin and maybe also Genichiro

Agreed.

Attached: NG+2 Charmless Isshin.webm (1000x563, 2.86M)

What do they call localized Ishin anyway? Yakuza Ishin when there's literally no Yakuza in the game?

Sword Saint is such a 'cool' way of translating 剣士.

It's actually 剣聖 though.

Well unlike some casuals I don't go looking for ways to cheese bosses so whether or not they can be cheesed is irrelevant to my opinion of them.

damn I cheesed him

run, run, run, stab
run, run, run, stab
run, run, run, stab

This.

After beating the game I looked at some YT videos and it's mostly cringe ranging from doing glitch jumps (obvious glitch cheese) to people listing million sugars and confettis to pop, skills to spam and tools to turn the boss off (within the options offered in the game, but still cringe as it removes gameplay essentially).

Ultimately the most useful guides are just some guy telling you to get good, but slowly and nicely.

stab him and keep running around
very cheesable
I know because I'm terrible at the game and cheesed almost every boss

Attached: 1615095917667.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

Yeah and demon is bullshit and poorly designed so I would say that’s a good thing

Both of you are fags. I look down on you.

For shura isshin just spam shadowrush for phase 2 and he’s literally a joke

Demon is a great fight he's just more like a Dark Souls boss than a Sekiro boss. He's also easy as hell even if you don't use Malcontent because most of his attacks can be dodged by running behind him through his legs and he very often gets into a cycle of slam > fire wave > repeat which is extremely easy to dodge.

He’s not designed with sekiro mechanics in mind and doesn't belong in sekiro

>running away and chipping at his health is cheesing

Just use the fire umbrella.

Might work for phase 1 but it definitely won’t for phase 2 or 3

>the sword saint
>uses a spear and a firearm
???

>He doesn't dodge into it at the right time
ngmi

That’s stupid it’s fucking sekiro I should be a ninja i shouldn’t use a damn Sheila