Has there every been a remake/remaster that replaced the original as the definitive way to play a game?

Has there every been a remake/remaster that replaced the original as the definitive way to play a game?

Attached: 1638229675137.jpg (1914x2144, 1000.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kYDpMfd_5es
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the KH remasters

XCOM

La Mulana

Turtles in Time (the SNES one)

If you didn't use the PCSX2 emulated shot for the PS2...

can the chinese do anything right apart from polluting and eating dogs?
top is from 2001
bottom 2014

Attached: 1587873326207.jpg (1920x2160, 2.2M)

I can't go back to the original XC.
The quest markers and the ability to level down make it a far, far more enjoyable experience.

probably, but remakes are so often shit or at the very least screw up some significant part of the game that it's incredible that people are ever hyped for them. if i never see another remake in my life, it'd be great.
no Kairi panties, so no.

Not to mention it was fucking ugly

It's less ugly emulated with texture packs, but the actual gameplay improvements are the deal breaker here.
>can actually fight the final boss at a decent level instead of one shotting him because you did side quests
Amazing.

Final Fantasy 1.

Growlanser 4 PSP version

FFX

FFXII

Why only capitalize an anime waifu name? You should respect yourself more, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=kYDpMfd_5es

Resident Evil 2

C&C is the gold standard of remasters.

Attached: kane lives.gif (362x200, 1.07M)

I bought "The Story So Far" collection, and got as far as the tarzan jungle in KH1 before the pinpoint-platforming and dogshit controls got on my nerves.
Allegedly they rebuilt the first game, and kinda fucked up the physics in a way not too dissimilar to how the updated collision of the Crash Bandicoot remakes made it way harder. Don't know if that's true though.

Diablo II Resurrected

Kirby Super Star ULTRA
Bionic Commando ReArmed
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

what happened to the clouds?

DQXI, people who complain didnt play the game and are ignoring how much bigger and better the plot becomes, and character backstories.
also, actually hard boss at the end.

Yes the one you posted, just need to turn your saturaton down slightly and download the original faces mod

Bionic commando rearmed was great, killer ost too

2001 was just a soulful time.

is there a mod that fixes that shit remaster?

Kh1s physics were tied to framerate so they rebuilt a lot of it for ps4 vers which is the base for ports to other platforms. Ps3 vers of 1.5 is entirely playable, because it's 30fps. Ps4 though has lots of stupid garbage that cockblocks you with precise control. And yes Tarzan world is probably the worst of it. Except fighting Ursula. That shit takes the cake.

how does leveling down help?

The only noticeable fuckup with the port is the Final Xemnas fight in 2, which is fucking infuriating still, but the physics are fine.