Xenoblade Chronicles 3

I'm not impressed. The areas reuse too much of XC1 and XC2's land aesthetics and assets. It looks boring, uninspired, and lazy honestly. I was hoping for a new world that looks distinctly different like the previous entries did before, not a lazy mashup of 1 and 2 that looks I've already been here. Combining the two worlds together was a mistake, at least make it look completely new.

Attached: areas.jpg (4992x2106, 2.51M)

It looks like 1's story tone with X's environment design.
kys 2tranny lmao

I hated 2 so try again.

>wah wah wah wah
>I hate these tiny snipets of massive giant regions
>I'll ignore the fact that 3-6 other regions exist that we not seen
>wah wah wah wah
Kill yourself.
Cry baby bitch.
You absolute ass clowns spent 6 months memeing xenoblade3 was a never ever and ignore both 1+2.
Now it's real and utilizing both.
Added bonus, 80% chance this explains Mira's origins for extra rage by validating X, which leads into the X definitive edition in 2023/2024.
Slit your wrists. Drink Bleach. Do a flip off a bridge.
Plants sowed.

I just hope the exploration will be better than in 2. In 2, going out to explore never felt worth it, because any interesting place you discover is just gonna be involved in a quest later on anyways. The game genuinely felt like the world was too small for all of its content.

yeah it looks kind of weak, maybe it's because they didn't want to show too much during the first trailer but the zones look very generic and lack the bizarre alien beauty of stuff like uraya or sylvalum

for now it just looks like gormott with giant mechs scattered around it

>not a lazy mashup of 1 and 2 that looks I've already been here
That was 2 already, I'd struggle to find a difference between the first two basic open areas and after that it's just trying to recreate the xc experience.

>t. seething Xfag

It's the same as in 1

>I just hope the exploration will be better than in 2
Given that we can control a boat looks like it might be

Attached: ridin' me boat.png (1344x756, 1.7M)

The worst was finding something interesting like the dark portals and then getting cucked by field skills.
I hope field skills don't make a comeback or are at least redesigned to be better in general.

>I'd struggle to find a difference between the first two basic open areas
Gormott was more forestly were as Gaur Plains were more flat grassly plain like

Attached: 10230.png (640x804, 920.19K)

I'm curious if this time there will be some actual level design, or is it going to be the same huge empty areas with nothing to do so the whole game feels like a chore.

I'm very disappointed with XC2 levels design. It's so obvious that the game was rushed to fill Switch lineup in 2017 most areas in late game are all linear hallway and with absolutely nothing to explore sure, the game overall still pretty big for jrpg standard but for XC game this is unacceptable

XC3 maps already feel bigger than XC2 judging from trailer alone. I guess they gonna reuse XC1 assets a lot that's why they decide to make XCDE while they're at it

Looks like a cross between 2 and X. Obviously that's a downgrade than just being a sequel to X, but I can actually stomach this compared to 2.

I enjoy all 3 of the xenoblade games. I'm going to enjoy 3.
And you're a false flagging bitch.
So promptly commit suicide.

>I hope field skills don't make a comeback or are at least redesigned to be better in general.
The trailer had you rail grinding so they're probably back in some form.
>I'm very disappointed with XC2 levels design
Same. Areas felt smaller and less open than 1's
>XC3 maps already feel bigger than XC2 judging from trailer alone
I agree I just hope there's more stuff in them and perhaps have the collectopedia return too.

k

Why everybody all likes the openness of 1? Its open world just wastes your time

>Same. Areas felt smaller and less open than 1's
XC2 is a jrpg, XC1 is a walking sim

X is and always will be irrelevant Xfag and this game has no relation to it nor will any other game. Seethe more.

I thought it looked great. Step up above XC2

>Completely new geography but with some familiar landmarks
>At least one completely new area shown already
Looks good to me

>Why everybody all likes the openness of 1?
I like the big open-ness

>this game has no relation to it
Good.
>nor will any other game
X2 will.

There’s definitely new assets. The grass alone is different from both games.

This getting deep but the tree leaves are new too. It’s more aesthetic. It seems they are optimizing for performance but still look good.

I notice the rock textures immediately. They are better too they are much less “harsh” like previous games. They look better.

New AA solotuion? It looks more jagged compared to 2 but doesn’t cause the weird haloing like in torna during cutscenes. The lighting seems different too.

>XC2 is a jrpg
2 is a hallway sim. Looks like they learned their lesson though and corrected their mistake with this game.

>X2

Attached: 1601430097179.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

Plus most of the areas in the latter half of the game are visually bland desert or cave areas (Mor Ardain, CoM, Temperentia, SCE, LoM at least is different but still another derelict ruin)

Very underwhelming trailer, I definitely agree.
It doesn't scream "ambition" to me like the first and even the second game does with their reveals.
It's got the exact same aeshetics as 1DE and 2.
Truly wonder if I'll even bother playing this cause despite putting ungodly hours in 2, i didn't even actually enjoy it much and when playing 1DE it dawned on me that i might just not like the xenoblade series in general.

>that water like in 2000

Is this bizarro land or what? 2 had quite possibly the best level design of any JRPG, areas are huge, vertical with multiple interconnected passages and paths to each destination, intractables, things to find, optional areas, secret areas, optional bosses, multi-level cities on the same map, traps, treasure. And not just the outdoor areas, the interior and more dungeon-like areas too. XC1 was a good first attempt but the areas are nowhere near as dense and intricate.