Zoomer here, I love Super Mario 64 and I want to get into all the classic N64 games...

Zoomer here, I love Super Mario 64 and I want to get into all the classic N64 games, but I feel like im not getting the true expierence with emulators. Is it worth my money to pick up an N64 with Mario 64 for 100?

Attached: l-intro-1634655687.jpg (1600x897, 231K)

what for? you can't even hook it up to a modern tellie.

Attached: 1644553495159.png (419x248, 100.89K)

lol you got a shitty tv

A big bad AV to HDMI cable :P

the parallel lle plugin from a couple years ago is pretty accurate, you're not missing much as long as you have the right controller for it

picking up an n64 isn't the worst idea but you can get cheapo chinese flashcarts like super64 off aliexpress for like $50 so don't overpay for the games

Majora's Mask with Redux mod running on Mupen64Plus-Next (Vulkan) + GlideN64 at 1440x1080 output with Nerrel's HD texture pack and CRT Royale filter

Yep, how it was intended to be played...

Attached: 2022-02-10-050915_1920x1080_scrot.png (1438x1079, 3.04M)

>N64
>classics
>already played SM64
This is a bait thread, right?

Man I recently played this for the first time and I would've loved to that have four extra hotkey thing with the pad. This game got pretty tedious later on when you have to switch items all the time and you only have three hotkeys.

It's only worth as much as you're willing to pay, and those N64 classics can go for stupid prices.
There's something nice about playing on actual hardware, but I don't think it's worth the hassle of the retro game market.

Depends on how serious you about N64. But overall probably not.

Its a cool thing to own but the resolution will be absolute horseshit no matter what tv you use

Picking up a N64 aint a bad idea. It's the games people over charge for. There are some shitty people out there just waiting to rip you off so Please don't pay more than you want for any of the games. If you ARE willing to spend a little bit get yourself a everdrive instead of paying dickheads on ebay and retrogame sites.

Oh and please don't let the whole retro scene and their faggot fans put you off of playing how you want and on what you want. Great to see zoomers can still enjoy classic games. Hope you have fun.

Only if u have a CRT

Attached: 1612281782198.jpg (1784x1216, 250.7K)

depends, you can really end up going down a rabbit hole. Honestly if SM64 is the only old game and the N64 is the only old console you care about, it's probably more trouble than it's worth. You're gonna buy the game, and then it's gonna look like shit. Then you're going to start looking into upscalers. Then you're going to look into RGB modding the console. Then you're going to look into deblur mods/romhacks. Then you're going to realize it looks best on a CRT and start tracking down a nice one in good condition. Then you're going to fall for the PVM meme and think the only acceptable way to view it is on a professsional monitor. Then you're going to buy custom components to replace the dogshit loose N64 analogue stick. etc etc etc.

I have my N64 and an ass-load of games, as well as a bunch of other old consoles and games, with a dedicated game room with multiple CRTs and such. But for just one game? Honestly, just play it on an emulator or the PC source port. If you want to go down the rabbit hole of original N64 hardware, that's fine. I'm just saying you, as a zoomer, might be disappointed and/or end up having a bunch of caveats you need to go through.

>Sarah-michelle-gellar-harvard-man_-_forrest_hump_scene(Frostwire).avi
...I wanna go back.

You gonna make it. N64 has like only 10 good games

Thats 10 more than your beloved PS5, kid.

Don't do this, it ends up looking lile shit, get a CRT TV if you can (14" ones are the perfect size if you dont have much space or live at home with parents). No matter what you do, be it retrotink or ultrahdmi mod there will always be some input lag because you're converting an analogue signal to digital. Playing on a CRT at native resolution with no input lag is the way to go, also, don't spend 100 on an n64, import a japanese n64 for mega cheap, you can use your home regions n64 power supply to power it on and invest that 100 in an Everdrive 64 x5 (or x7 if you dont want to press reset to save). At least then you open the entire n64 library up to you.

>get a CRT
stopped reading there

No you didn't

This you should take some time to setup everything correctly in retroarch and adjust filters till your like the feel. Though I agree it's hard to judge for a zoomer who's never played on a CRT.

Having the original hardware can be satisfying but for me there's nothing like sitting on the couch with a controller + retroarch to browse literally any game from any console and with all the right settings already set.

Attached: 891c116d0a0adf271ca1c92f55f6ae88-d49o66h.jpg (1131x707, 189.12K)