What did you think of this game?

What did you think of this game?

Attached: Metroid_Prime_Hunters_(NA).png (1000x901, 1.11M)

Enjoyed it as a young kid. Iirc it gets very stale in it's main campaign after a while but I was too young to notice or care. Online multiplayer was very ham fisted in it's execution but still cool to me in 2006. Even had some weird bastard version of voice chat

Was a pretty insane online multiplayer experience for a Nintendo handheld at the time. I got really, really into it, I mostly played as Sylux and got the maximum star rank. Game eventually completely went to shit as glitches and especially Action Replay cheating became prevalent, but it was great while it lasted. Have fond memories of getting into tense snipe-outs with people.

The single-player basically isn't even a Metroid game and is very, very dry, but it was definitely a multiplayer game above all else.

It is really good

I fucking live it. It's the closest to m&k a console has ever gotten. Too bad action replay cheating faggots completely killed the multiplayer.

I'd stay up all night to play multiplayer with friends I'd made on the other side of the planet while watching those "text FUN to ### for awesome ringtones!" ads on TV between episodes of Farscape.

Same here, 5 star Sylux. It was fun when someone glitched against you and you'd research how they did it so you could get them back next time.

great great
great

game.
remaster it for switch or some, dual analog controls, console graphics, included in the Prime Trilogy (rename it lol) it IS a prime game after all.

There were times when people would glitch into the walls in Combat Hall and I would go in there and sometimes get them to panic and fall into the void lol

hero shooter before hero shooters took over

How bizarrely accurate.
Making a new one would be pretty great.

I played it so much I broke the l trigger on my DS lite

which control mode did yall do? had to play with stylus for aiming because im a pleb i guess

I used to stay up until midnight playing multiplayer every night in high school.

It was a fun quake clone spin off. Better Arena FPS than Champions.

Just the standard one with stylus aiming, I think? I think I remember there being a way to aim with the buttons but it was totally unviable for multiplayer. Also the thumbstrap was terrible and felt weird to use.

i tried to the button aiming since the nerdy kid said it was better but just couldnt learn it well enough
>when you arrive at school and anywhere from 3-10 kids had their nintendo DSes and would download play mario kart mostly

Really cool arena shooter multiplayer game. Shame the single-player was absolute dogshit though.

Hate it

That guy was clueless lmao

Multiplayer was amazing. Online was fun as long as you didn't have hackers or people clipping out of walls.
Single player was pretty disappointing. Still, worth one playthrough.
Also the graphics were incredible for the hardware. Easily one of the most technically impressive DS games.

Not as good as GC Primes, but impressive for the DS. Overall not bad.
Multiplayer online was fun as a kid. Warmed me up for Halo 3.

One of the best menu musics in a videogame ever,

Based Sylux player. Always felt good to out-snipe a trace fag with their gay invisibililty.
I remember I was frequenting a star fox fan forum back then, before I understood what the fuck furries were, I just liked the games. Anyways, I played a few rounds with some of the players there, one of the guys was so fucking cringe over voice chat.