Is this worth getting into for an ugly newfag to the series?

Is this worth getting into for an ugly newfag to the series?

Attached: sfv.jpg (1280x720, 246.12K)

they just dropped the last content update and the game is pretty mature, plenty of players too.

it was my first entry too and i liked it a lot

Yes, unless instead of practicing you are going to come here and fucking blog about it.

It's active as ever and will ease you into the fundamentals of Street Fighter games. It's one of the more forgiving games in the series. Who are you thinking of picking up to play?

the evil nazi looking soldier guy, or akuma.

>the evil nazi looking soldier guy
Bison? Eh he is strong but be careful he is famous for having "no mains" because he is an entirely different character in every game. Bison has never played the same in any game he is in so be prepared to have to learn a new character in SFVI if you stick with him.

ok, does akuma remain the same than?

More or less. He is the more interesting of the shoto characters (Ryu/ken/sakura/Sagat) in my opinion. Akuma is about strong offence and the trade off is that he has less HP bar than some other characters so prepare for him to take a lot of damage if he get's hit. Like the old samurai saying "no need to adjust your armor on your back because you don't run away from battle."

>no need to adjust your armor on your back because you don't run away from battle
Unless you are playing SF4 lmao.

Yes well, water under the bridge and all that. I don't think any SF game will ever be like IV ever again, and looking back no other SF has ever been like IV. SFV is like a mix between SFII and Third Strike.

what about you? what kind of character are you irl?

I main Chun-li. SFV is the most fun she has ever been, best normals in the game as she always has but she has insane neutral.

Attached: D6C9C6E0-E8A3-4136-ABB7-543B4E83F30C.jpg (927x1200, 454.49K)

I meant irl, like urself.

Do you think you are on facebook or some shit?

I was just trying to be funny

Attached: 1641866022841.jpg (843x1003, 55.73K)

Play the fucking game already. Try multiple characters. Accept that you are going to get fucked in the ass repeatedly. Learn from your mistakes.

should I play campaign, or will it not help, and I should go straight to practice?

There are combo trials, I forgot what they are called in 5. Some of them don't even work anymore but you might get a feel for how a character works. Watch high level matches if you want to see the real shit, pick a character that looks cool then go from there.
Story in fighting games is a meme.

irl? I don't understand your question.

Attached: CCA2DBE6-FEF0-49D9-80AC-4D959152A677.jpg (1440x1080, 185.91K)

No there are better fighting games out there. Street Fighter hasn't been fun since Genesis.

name them than.

I main her too with 5 being my first try at actually getting good in a fg. Is her 3S version not as fun? Gonna get into that game eventually with a friend.

Not as fun if you enjoy doing sf5 combos, she is still the pokiest.

She is considered god tier in 3S but i prefer Chun-li as a charge character. Also can'r t explain why but her 3S voice is annoying as fuck to me, her Japanese VA in V is perfection though.

The game is decent now but SF6 is probably around the corner so you'll probably get less than a year out of it which isn't very much when it comes to learning a fighting game and new SF titles tend to play radically different from the previous iteration, so other than the very basics nothing you learn will carry over. Picking up 4 a few months before 5 came out made me develop bad habits because I kept doing shit that didn't work in 5 anymore like crouch teching and back dashing attacks and kept eating shit because of it

>because I kept doing shit that didn't work in 5 anymore like crouch teching and back dashing attacks and kept eating shit because of it
But we are all in that boat wether we have been with SFV since the beginning or not.