What made gta san andreas so memorable? was it the three cities, the story or something else?

what made gta san andreas so memorable? was it the three cities, the story or something else?

Attached: 274px-Grand_Theft_Auto_San_Andreas.jpg (274x345, 49.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EHoqwPcXup0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You played it as a kid.

It was fun.

I still replay it once every 2 or so years

>diverse map
>car customization
>fun story
>great soundtrack
It takes a special kind of racist contrarian incel to hate this game

It delivered on the open-world promise GTA3 made

There was tons of shit to see and do, the series flirted with RPG mechanics for the first time, and it was singled out by politicians as "everything bad with videogames" before during and after the Hot Coffee scandal made it one of the only games in the US ever rated AO by the ESRB

It also happened to be the first introduction to hiphop and rap for many people so the soundtrack is legendary

>car customization
WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAA MY CAR IS A DIFFERENT COLOR AND FOR 3 CARS I CAN ALSO CHANGE SPOILER TYPE WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAA
GTAV is superior

proper characters
everyone remembers big smoke and ryder, later on the mexibro and the changs

Being fun, unlike Tech Demo Auto IV

chock full of fun gameplay, both in missions and emergent, facilitated by diverse environments.

The Dust

Terrible opinion

I think every aspect of it was really good, the missions, radio, setting, different biomes, characters and all the mini games and side missons. I was 15 when it came out and it was really fun to play and I remember thinking it was the 'perfect' game. I don't think so anymore, but it still made a massive impact on gaming

>It also happened to be the first introduction to hiphop and rap for many people so the soundtrack is legendary
SOVL
youtube.com/watch?v=EHoqwPcXup0

>memorable map
>memorable characters
>memorable gangs and pedestrians
>RPG mechanics
>customization up the ass
>side activities up the ass

Also, all the mysterious parts of the game helped create a deep lore that made it feel lile it was a real world. Not like V where the developers have fried to recreate this and have created bigfoot missions, chiliad mystery, aliens or serial killer threads which completely miss the point. The SA mysteries where organic and happened due to glitches or other weird stuff left over in the game

Alas, Hot Coffee ended easter eggs as a general thing in the industry

Now unvetted code is a potential liability

>no vigilante
>no paramedic
>no firefighter
>no restaurant to enter to
but sure that yoga sure is something, huh

Attached: 1584414545212.png (1056x753, 936.48K)

It was a good game that came out in one of the last years before the world turned to shit

STILL

The freedom it gives you with all the customizations I guess.
The story IMO is not its strongest point. Story wise GTA IV wins hands down. But SA does let you have more fun. It's like V but on steroids