Why did Arkham knight retcon so much shit?

>no Joker/Harley baby
>no immortal clay face
>scarecrow is barely the main villain although he is heavily set up to me the main antagonist in AC
>Joker potentially being alive
>Hush’s storyline being completely sidelined to a quick time event
>Arkham world
It’s so gay bros. I wish Paul Dini stayed on to write AK

Attached: F77C462C-127F-4A38-8855-8D514BC30EA1.jpg (828x750, 268.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0RbVBtSUMRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you know what a retcon even is?
>no Joker/Harley baby
She had already lost the baby by the Arkham City DLC
>no immortal clay face
What?
>scarecrow is barely the main villain although he is heavily set up to me the main antagonist in AC
Scarecrow is definitely the big bad of Knight, and I wouldn't count some easter egg as "heavily"
What?
>Hush’s storyline being completely sidelined to a quick time event
Yeah this sucked
>Arkham world
That was obviously a joke, don't be stupid

>I wish Paul Dini stayed on to write AK
Well at least you got something right.

>She had already lost the baby by the Arkham City DLC
That DLC wasn’t written by Dini. It’s obviously that whoever the writer was didn’t like the idea and retconed it.
Clay face literally feel into the Lazarus pit at the end of AC. It was heavily theorized that he would play a part in the next game. He was even in the concept art for AK.
Scarecrow is barely the big bad. It’s definitely Joker/Arkham Knight. Scarecrow literally had 18 minutes of screen time throughout the whole game. The game is literally named after the Arkham Knight.
There were also theories and implications that joker was faking his death, as when batman blacks out after the Lazarus Pitt explodes, the cure is in the opposite hand of Batman’s. He blacked out with the cure in his right hand, and when he woke up it was in his left hand. Also joker was able to trick Batman’s deceive vision when he ambushes joker in the steel mill. It literally says that his body is “deceased”.
Arkham world was probably a joke, but it’s weird that it’s mentioned multiple times in both AC and at the game awards.

Sorry for the typos btw I’m kinda drunk

Well because they switched writers like you said. While I enjoyed the game the story was shit. The Arkham Knight being Jason was so on the nose it was so stupid
>Arkham Baby
I wish they did something with this but potentially they put it in there for a very faaaaaar off game. IF those plans ever pay off who knows.
>Clayface
Was he supposed to be immortal? He aint human so who knows what a pit would do to him.
>Joker being alive
I dont remember this being hinted at
>Hush
Yea biggest fucking let down of the game holy fuck
>Scarecrow
Other then that easter egg on the boat I dont remember him being brought up much other then Batman not thinking he was dead.
>Arkham WOrld
This was just a game awards joke,

Retcon is when you frame some previous event in a context that makes what ostentatiously happened be something else. Like Hal Jordan losing his mind and killing green lanterns actually him being posessed by alien parasite demon.

Yeah I guess you’re right. I should’ve said “canceled plot threads”. The joker baby one is definitely a retcon though.

Arkham Knight's forces are just hired muscle, they just happen to be led by someone who thinks Bruce is an asshole. Notice how Deathstroke gets to just move in on them when AK fucks off. And Joker wasn't even in Arkham Knight, that was just a product of Bruce's imagination (dude's drug-infused subconscious is pretty fucking hilarious I'll admit).

Scarecrow is basically Hugo Strange from Arkham City without the shitty Ra's/Joker fakeout, I have literally never heard anyone say that he wasn't the big bad for AK

Attached: 20210826024111_1.jpg (1920x1080, 324.42K)

There’s more hints to scarecrows involvement in the next game. There’s encryptions and ciphers in the game when you use the hacking device thing in certain areas of the map. Some of the ciphers literally translate to
>you will pay for what you did to me
>I will return batman
>fear will tear Gotham to shreds
Also, his fear gas containers are found through out the map, specifically in one of the riddlers trophy rooms and in hush’s hideout

>Baby
Arkham Knight only takes place like a year later right? Even if the baby isnt mentioned she could have had just had the baby and let it go like in Injustice.

>No Joker/Harley baby
Batman punching a baby when?
>No immortal clayface
Clayface is already practically fucking immortal. What were they gonna do? Double clayface him?
>Heavily set up to be the main antagonist in AC
The entire events of Knight was orchestrated by him.
You even used the word "potentially" there yourself.
>Hush's storyline
That was bullshit, I agree.
>Arkham World
As fucking sick as a Batman Future Prison planet game would be, that was an awards ceremony joke.

Attached: 1310003784337.jpg (945x639, 40.65K)

>that was an awards ceremony joke.
Yeah I know. I just find it weird that it’s mentioned multiple times in the game itself.

>I have literally never heard anyone say that he wasn't the big bad for AK
Scarecrow orchestrated everything but he pretty much takes the backseat (just like strange in AC) to joker and Jason. The game is literally named after Jason. I think it’s safe to assume rocksteady wanted him as the main villain.

Here’s a link to the encryption/cipher scarecrow Easter egg btw. Probably the scariest Easter egg in the whole game

youtu.be/0RbVBtSUMRg

Again, there is no Joker in Knight, that's all Bruce's wacky mind exacerbated by Joker AIDS. And "Arkham Knight" was just because they knew how silly "Arkham County/State/Country/World/etc." would sound and they needed a different gimmick. He gets taken out like a bitch and sides with Batman in the end while Scarecrow is the one who unmasks Batman to the world so I don't know why you're fighting this so hard

Attached: 20210819101004_1.jpg (1920x1080, 293.87K)

Ask anyone and I guarantee they will say joker was the main villain even though he was dead. It’s literally not even a subjective opinion that scarecrow took the backseat to joker, it’s pretty much a objective fact. You obviously haven’t spent much time on the Arkham forums.

>heavily theorized
So nothing concrete and just speculation lol

>literally
>literally
>literally
Back to Plebbit you faggot

>Joker baby

Attached: 25674336767410.jpg (800x450, 123.73K)

Trying way too hard, dial it down a notch.

He’s literally in the concept art book for AK retard. They obviously considered bringing him back

Attached: 24C89823-3BB4-4204-BC88-49756AE42C1F.jpg (828x473, 87.27K)

>Arkham forums

THERE IS NO FUCKING JOKER IN ARKHAM KNIGHT!

Jesus fuck, get your drunk ass to bed.

He’s not there physically, but his hallucinations pretty much take the role of the main antagonist. Did you even play the game retard?

>Ask anyone and I guarantee they will say joker was the main villain
No they wouldn't. The entire plot revolves around the fear toxin from the get go in the dinner. Scarecrow is the one that unmasks Bruce. It's his fucking game, schizo Joker acts more like a sidekick/resolution of past games than this one's villain, are you mental?
>You obviously haven’t spent much time on the Arkham forums
lol
lmao even

>his hallucinations pretty much take the role of the main antagonist
Bruce's hallucinations? So Bruce is the main antagonist now? Just take the L, you retard.

Attached: 20210826023029_1.jpg (1920x1080, 362.22K)

You’re so fucking stupid its unbelievable.
>just take the L
Reddit is that way dipshit.

Talia’s body disappears in AC but she’s never brought up in AK.

Hush’s story obviously, AC was definitely planning something bigger.

The retcon for Tim, makes no sense for him to be old and marry Barbara, Nightwing got sidelined hard.

Bad conclusion to Catwoman and Batman’s romance, unsatisfactory ending by blowing up the manor too.

Finally, Rocksteady lying to everyone that the Knight wasn’t Jason despite everyone and their therapist knowing it was him from day 1

Not that guy but you are the retard here.
Yes, it's lame that they just refused to fucking let Joker go but both Arkham Knight and Scarecrow are much, much more prominent than Joker, fuck off.

I’m obviously a bigger Arkham fan than you and I guarantee you that most people consider joker to the main villain, even if he’s technically dead. It’s not even scarecrows gas that starts the joker hallucinations, it’s literally jokers blood. That’s why batman starts to hallucinate him all the way back in AC during the Freeze boss fight.

Triggered. I hope you die of alcohol poisoning cuz I doubt you're much smarter when you're sober.