Is Bioshock 2 the most basic an immersive sim can be, before it turns into a bog standard FPS...

Is Bioshock 2 the most basic an immersive sim can be, before it turns into a bog standard FPS? Or is Bioshock 2 simply a bog standard FPS?

Attached: Bioshock2.jpg (474x588, 68.93K)

Bioshock 2 is a fun game and the best Bioshock from a gameplay and narrative standpoint behind Minerva's Den. So who gives a shit about genre fagging.

The whole bioshock series is normalfag trash.
>muh FPS
>muh survival with crafting
>muh half baked moral choices
>muh heckin sciencerinos
>muh pseudo philosophical plot
Reminder that it came out in the year of the normalfag.

I don't even remember this game despite having beaten it. If I was immersed at all I'd probably have some memory. Gonna go with nonimmersive here chief.

The immersive sim thing really needs an actual definition. I dont think any of the Bioshock games can be counted in that category, unless it just means atmospheric games with a unique setting and some rpg elements. And even that is highly subjective.

Tranny game and tranny dev now fuck off to reddit

It was previously known as "guns and conversation" -- FPS games with light RPG elements like an inventory system and character customization (skills, perks, whatever)

>Being a normalfag is bad

>Is Bioshock 2 the most basic an immersive sim can be
no, because it is just an FPS.
not a bog standard one, but still.

if I told someone who loves system shock that bioshock were the same type of game, that person would feel like I either lied or are an idiot.
>who gives a shit about genre
is basically a disregard of the accuracy of language.

as un exampla, lik at coot dog.

Attached: 4csWn06.jpg (3024x3024, 966.84K)

>It was previously known as "guns and conversation"
No.

>Didn't read RPS in its heyday

Genre fagging really is the worst
>Bioshock is not an immersive sim
>VTMB is not an immersive sim
>13 sentinels is not a VN
>Baldr Sky is not a VN
>Legend of Ruina is not a VN
>all "schizocore" threads

well what's a good game then, mr. intellectual?

What are some game where I can play as a hulking giant with dangerous melee weapon? Nothing could scratch the drill slam itch for me.

Should I play original Bioshock 1 and 2 or the remasters? I've read the remaster of 1 gets some of the exclusive content from the PS3 version, but it has its own issues. Remaster 2 lets you get have DLC, but that's really it.
Have them all four games, just wondering which ones I should play.

Attached: f57.jpg (261x216, 8.36K)

Based, BS2 is really, really good game

Just play the originals, I've heard 2 remaster has problems with crashing anyway. And you can play the DLC in the original 2 without any problems.

Stay away from the remasters.
The BS1 one can basically become unplayable if you're unlucky. The longer your save goes on for the more often you crash, to the point that you won't be able to make progress. I made it as far sander cohen in the remaster before the crashes had got to every 2 minutes or so

Can't speak for the BS2 remaster because I stayed away from it for the above reason.
Both games are amazing but I'd play the originals of them

Attached: wallhaven-184209.jpg (1920x1351, 565.97K)

Getting a big sister to fight a big daddy is pretty imsimmy

ok then, original Bioshock 2 it's gonna be
But the original Bioshock doesn't have the Challenge Rooms DLC, is that DLC not worth playing?

>is that DLC not worth playing?
I can't actually answer that, unfortunately I've never played it. While Bioshock's gameplay is good, personally I wouldn't engage in it separated from the story and atmosphere of the actual plot I don't think