Curious to hear from a Dark Souls II apologist. What is it about this game that you think actually has merit...

Curious to hear from a Dark Souls II apologist. What is it about this game that you think actually has merit? Honest question.

Attached: 747024b8-8413-49bd-8993-468170322b08.jpg (1280x720, 76.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/bn2gs4.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Filtered.

i like it

They're like pigs rolling in shit. Its best not to stoop to their level because you'll be rolling in shit with them but only one of you will be happy with it.

I like that it had a couple of the funniest 'new person' traps i've seen in a Souls game.
>that one hippo monster thing right at the start that doesn't look that threatening but rapes the shit outta you
>that well in front of the big house with the wooden boards that look juuuust close enough to land on if you hop down

Attached: 1632200391475.jpg (817x760, 208.86K)

lots of environments/enemies/weapons, a lot of the multiplayer stuff was unique and interesting like the rat covenant, more nonlinear than ds1 or 3, great dlc, bearer seek seek lest, tongue but hole etc
it had a lot of content basically and most of it was good

I like the individual levels more than the first one, but DS1s world design was superior. I enjoyed leveling up more, I enjoyed that they balanced the PVP around levels and not poise, the bosses were fun and interesting (despite being mostly “guy in suit of armor”. I say “interesting” because the locale of the boss fight presented different manners of fights), I liked the weapon upgrading system more and the NPCs were actually interesting.

I dunno just lots of little things.

it had a real good feel to it

Certain areas are beautiful, and I much prefer the singular theme of each path.

Powerstancing is the best fucking thing ever, and the fact they removed it for gay arts is a travesty.

The covenants were actually fun, the best PvP is still Dark Souls 2.

Despite the memes about the bosses, most are actually at least fun, and some of the most highly rated bosses come from the DLC for 2

It's really addicting. There always seems to be a dozen different things you can be doing at any time. The sense of progression is really great. It feels the most rpg-y where you can really shape your character and playstyle how you want and it will tangibly effect how you play through certain scenarios. A lot of my favorite levels too. Lost Bastille, Shrine of Amana, and No Mans Wharf are classic. Any of the dlc areas could each be the best levels in the series. Tons of secrets and replay value. I'm not apologizing for shit it's legit a great fucking game.

Go back to youtube

Holy shit way to be the biggest contrarion on the internet... DARK SOULS 2 IS FUCKING TRASH You literally named the two worst areas in all of soulsborne history, Shrine of Amana is the WORST area in all of gaming history, and No Mans Wharf is agreed upon by everyone in the community to be dog shit as you can just snipe the bell and skip everything. THERE IS NO SENSE OF PROGRESSION YOU LITERALLY FIGHT THE EXACT SAME HUMAN BOSSES THE ENTIRE GAME There are no epic fights, instead its just fighting dudes in armor the entire time, with no variation. and the game is opposite of DOZEN THINGS TO DO. HOLY SHIT YOU DARK SOULS 2 CONTRARION RETARDS ARE THE WORST PART OF /v I RATHER DARK SOULS 2 PLAYERS WERE ALL EXECUTTED BY FIRING SQUAD IF IT ALSO MEANT ELDEN RING WOULDNT RELEASE FUCK YOU

Attached: 1628015033866.jpg (480x480, 22.9K)

I like the gimmicky nature of it.
Ballistae in the Forest, pushable exploding barrels in Lost Bastille, the torch mechanics in No Man’s Wharf, the soul-powered golems in Drangleic, et cetera.
I like how bosses also tend to feature gimmicks like Freja’s adds that are neutralized by a torch, the stone blocks that save you from Najka’s underground attacks, burning the windmill, Lost Sinner’s fires, Covetous Demon’s jars hanging above ground (an entirely useless element because Covetous Demon is Mist Noble-tier but I appreciate the sentiment at least).
I also feel like the more harsh durability system and how it encourages you to have backup weapons adds a certain adventure feel to it. In fact I think the "adventure feel" is stronger in it than the other two souls games. Can't really explain why.

THE BOSSES BARELY HAD GIMMICKS, there was a total of like 2 bosses in the entire game that had "gimmicks. Yet you fucking retards think they are good. THEY ARE TRASH. and durability is UNIVERSALLY agreed upon within the soulsborne crowd to be awful. THERE IS A RESON MOST DS2 THREADS ARE BANNED IN THE DARK SOULS REDDIT. I wish the fucking mods here had a inchling of sense and would ban all of you RETARDED FUCKING NIGGER LOVERS.

The PvP is the best of the series by a country mile.

>immersive world
>art direction
>level variety
>builds
>power stancing
>interesting covenants
>stats on armor
>lots of interesting concepts
>DLCs
>invader AI
>aldia and vendrick are kino
>stunning setpieces
>gameplay is the most fun of the 3
>most replayability

It's the specops the line of the souls series so I like it

Attached: 1644331246399.gif (400x300, 1.83M)

Attached: 1260710343244.jpg (370x300, 22.09K)

Because look at this. What are other games are this tense and exciting? You can fuck up and get careless and the whole level will come swarming on you. The other games aren't anywhere that dynamic. Game is a masterpiece.

files.catbox.moe/bn2gs4.mp4

>buy the game somehow thinking is gonna look like those E3 demos
>just a slight graphical upgrade and a couple of new enemies here and there

that was one the last actual dissapointment ive had buying a game

Recently played it again, it has a lot to do and see but it's not the best in quality. So people who like discovering stuff and also like longer games are the ones that prefer DS2 over DS1

I just like how it feels like a more modern version of an old janky action RPG. I like how long the game is with the DLC and how it feels like an epic adventure. It has a lot of soul despite the shortcomings.

Not really, I'm one of those who prefer DS2 and I dropped DS1 after anor londo, because it just felt boring after that.

I feel like the haters are biased due to having only played/watched/read about sotfs, which is a MASSIVE downgrade from vanilla in all aspects

I disagree, SotFS is better

Lots of content. Branching paths early on. Better fashion souls than DaS1. Some attempts as unique covenants. I think miracles could heal coop buddies?

Sheer amount of content, less bullshit spammy enemies compared to Dark Souls 3, poise and power stancing, deeper more interesting lore.

I can probably name more, OG dark souls is probably a better experience but it plays more like a sprint where dark souls 2 plays like a marathon, dark souls 3 might as well by gymnastics, they really fucked 3 by trying to implement so much from bloodborne, the games aren't the same. Dark souls punishes the shit out of being overly aggressive and bloodborne relies on it, then they shove it in dark souls 3 and it turns into a roll and R1 fest, what else could have happened?

Why

i feel like you're trolling

It's the only fun one, if you think otherwise you are pure npc