I am sad to say that I am leaving Any Forums for good

I stayed away for the past decade and it's incredible how much things change in 10 years.
I think that the direction the internet took and continues to take is very dark and depressing. The attitude of the general public towards everything seems to be that of a people that is blind, apathetic, volatile, atomized and more controllable than ever before.
I no longer recognize the internet I was once a part of. The whole promise of the internet as far as I can remember was an abundant see of possibilities a universe of freedoms, yet now we are more surveyed than ever before in history, a worldwide surveillance, what we speak, think and consume is controlled and spoon fed to us, not by a gestapo agency but by each other, as a proxy to a few companies.
We no longer have the freedoms we once had; despite what it looks, we no longer have diversity in anything, everything is standardized, everything is "clean".
Everyone thinks the same, acts the same, speaks the same; there is no real opposition, there is no real fight happening, there are only illusions. We are bombarded with meaningless information (lies and parlor tricks) in our work, classes, houses and then atomized, so we are too dam busy fighting each other instead of seeing what is really happening right in front of our eyes.
Truth be told we lost it, all of us lost it, and unless we realize this, and awaken to this dream of phantom fights we will only loose more and more footing.
It's incredible how I used to discuss 1984 and Brave New World as a distant possibility that would never be allowed to come to fruition, and now the infrastructure of these dystopias are a reality.

I'm going back to being a veterinarian far away from the internet; Goodbye and good luck anons.

Attached: Eward_alderson.jpg (600x500, 39.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rPakd1q3Q8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>words words words
nice leftist meme faggot

You'll be back. a coworker is going to share his pedestrian Reddit opinions that will drive you up the wall and right back here. It's the same shit that's got me trapped, like an outlet for when my employees say shit like "OHEMGEE IM SUCH A LEET GAMER YOU PLAY WARZONE?"

and dont come back

Uum actually... this here... is now an Alf thread

normalfaggots genuinely ruin everything and you can't get away from them anymore.

True but I can at least call them niggers here. It's like having a shouting room.

The whole promise of the internet as far as I can remember was an abundant see of possibilities a universe of freedoms
>Truth be told we lost it, all of us lost it

sounds to me you dont like freedom
typical reddit commie

See you tomorrow

Cumskin

>it's incredible how much things change in 10 years.
Next to nothing has changed. Didn't read the rest.

Attached: 1282643614438.jpg (2048x1536, 637.14K)

I wish there were someplace else to go.

I started playing videogames to escape from Any Forums
what the fuck, it's actually fun

Freedom is a libertarian's way of saying "fuck you"

See ya in a day or two.

yeah zoomers are just mindless cattle and the internet is dogshit now. only literal children who weren't around for its golden age don't see it

see you tomorrow

I think when you were younger you just took people's intelligence for granted, and now that you are older you have come to find that the world has not grown up with you.
I know it feels normal to believe the things you do and to question the changes in the world the way you do, but the fact is 90% of the world population doesn't have the tools, language, inclination, or intelligence to comprehend the things you are comprehending
if you're searching on Any Forums of all places for intellectual companionship, you will fail. But this board has its purpose. sometimes it feels good to be a part of the hive mind
we are all human afterall

Godspeed OP.

I usually start browsing when there's something I'm not dealing with in my life.
Just gonna TRY dealing with it, even though I'm scared shitless..
I'm probably be back in a few days/weeks as usual, but it's threads like OPs that sometimes just trigger the realization that I'm just here to seek some sort of illusion of companionship while avoiding reality.

Nicely put.

ok see you tomorrow

I have left and come baxk many times over 12 years you always come back
Thread theme
youtu.be/rPakd1q3Q8Y

Attached: 1643799408292.png (1920x1100, 1.13M)

See you tomorrow.

Attached: 1644375797525.gif (250x250, 1.82M)

Daily reminder to always gatekeep your hobbies.