Casual game has min/max that plagues entire online community

>Casual game has min/max that plagues entire online community

Not just mario kart but any game that does this

Attached: waluigi kart.png (1920x1080, 3.48M)

People are always going to play to win. If there’s an optimal strategy people we take it

Ideally online multiplayer games should have randomized loadouts, if matchmakers can place the fate of the match in complete strangers then randomizing items or stats should not be out of the question

That's every game with some kind of competitiveness.
Racing games are just competitively flawed, which is why it's way more prominent there.

The only form of competitive vidya racing anyone takes seriously is time trial, everything else is taking the piss

Agreed. Trackmania is, objectively speaking, ideal competitive racing.
Get a bunch of dudes, drop them into a track nobody knows a fuck about, and give them 10 minutes and infinite restarts to make the best time.
But low interaction hinders it's funfactor. There has to be a better way.

smash bros

Is that actually a thing, what makes Waluigi with that wiggler bike so special? Or is it just a meme

Aren’t heavies with jet bikes the meta?

The stat and hidden stat distribution just like with funky bike wii

Hidden stats in a casual kart racer was always stupid

Min/max has destroyed Risk of Rain 2 especially when everybody wants Command turned on

Attached: 1569190570322.png (842x815, 51.69K)

I think anything with stats is unavoidably gonna get into a situation like this
I think the least they could do is add some more options with similar or even the same stats so everyone didn't have to look at the same kart every time

Max Speed + Mini Turbo. There's a bunch of builds that can do that too. More speed is better in straight-ass courses and more Mini Turbo is better in windy-ass courses.
Then there's something about acceleration and weight too?
Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Roy all have identical stats. God knows why we don't see a mix of them. Memes perhaps.

agreed, command is so stupid and all the shitters want it. Sacrifice is in a similar spot but command is babby mode

CTR solved this by letting you use any character you want with any stats on them so people can actually play as who they like and not be at a literal disadvantage

Its exactly why people using all the lightweights online in MK8 have to win by sheer dumb luck

Attached: 1644197351676.jpg (720x588, 33K)

People are using Waluigi and Wiggler because of this.

Attached: b81.png (599x810, 432.3K)

Not even Nintendo's worst offender cause Splatoon takes the cake

>Different clothing slot items can have abilities exclusive to that type of clothes
>Having to do an RNG roll to assign other stats to said clothes
>People online waste tons of time and resources to get perfect stats on their clothes that benefit the weapon they use the most

Some clothes in splatoon are objectively bad cause theyre also stuck with a shit main ability, like Pearl's amiibo outfit. The entire clothing and stats system affecting gameplay in any way is unintuitive for this series and i wish 3 would remove it.

Attached: 636359249730319793-Splatoon-2-.jpg (2390x1350, 553.93K)

Fortnite building. Yeah I understand but having some freak that spent the last two hours warming up their autism build reflexes in the same match sucks.

>Log in to worldwide
>Get matched in a Japanese lobby
>Full of sweaty Waluigi-Caterpillar-Roller meta
>Proceed to absolutely destroy them with a different kart setup
>FeelsGoodMan.jpg

Online gaming is simple. Does the game offers a serverlist instead of matchmaking? If no, is not worth your time. If yes, is worth a try.

I wish i had a better example than this loadout but this one is pretty nuts too.

Attached: sA2-GCmdWSKR4wGCRn.png (1280x720, 1.29M)

>both girls show their crotch/butt
How the fuck did they get away with that

Hope they remove all that stat shit in MK9. Go back to just having 3 weight classes.

>What if we lock star clubs behind a repetitive grind instead of challenges like in World Tour
>Also star clubs are just objectively better in every possible way so i hope your opponents didnt grind for any

Attached: star clubs.jpg (800x450, 158.13K)