Essential mods

>essential mods

There is no such thing you little CUNTS.

Attached: What mods do I need.jpg (305x328, 40.6K)

On a second playthrough anything goes

I need an essential mod list for this MF thread

made for yelling "CHINGATE TU MADRE"

There's a couple of old games that were literally broken on release and require a "mod" that's basically just a patch to make the game functional.
Besides that, I agree.

The one for dark souls that fix your fps and mouse

capybara for planet zoo checkmate atheists

unofficial patches are essential for many games
there's also a lot of games that are essentially bad that overhauls make good
Oblivion is both

fallout 4 STILL has this bug. the unofficial patches for bethesda games are definitely essential.

Attached: ZBldnNW.jpg (1920x1080, 407.67K)

>He plays darks souls with a mouse.

The only mod you need here is a controller.

What about the "Don't crash every 20 minutes for no reason" mods for Fallout NV?
Let's be honest, the game would go from an 8/10 to a 3/10 if those weren't available, and we just had to play it as is on windows 10.

guess you haven't played fallout new vegas, that game is held together by glue and ductape

Alright, alright. I'll accept 'don't crash' mods. But I often see people calling mods which add rebalancing and original content 'essential,' which is nonsense. And I don't think widescreen mods are essential either, they often introduce new problems and fuck up the UI.

fpbp

why did you post a picture of David Lowery

OP is a retarded luddite.
>want to play dawn of war 1 again
>camera is zoomed in 10 feet from the ground, can go out no further
>distance fog only lets me see 6 feet in front of me because ancient computers couldn't render any more than that
>mods remove both limitations
>mod manager even gives the game 4gb instead of being locked to 2gb so no more stuttering

Attached: 62c1e47654bdb1dcec175fa8cf227540f.png (774x492, 317.6K)

It's because the creation engine (just poorly modified gamebryo) is total dogshit.

>Game is balanced around the technical limitations
>I bet it's a good idea to remove those limitations!

I haven't played DoW1, but I know that if you remove the fog in Morrowind it shatters the illusion of a larger island. Suddenly this vast imaginary world becomes a dinky little Legoland miniature. It's not an improvement.

It's an RTS game, you'll never see the map boundaries unless you flip the camera level with the ground. It's great because you can see all the nice scenery and even the skybox that was covered by thick fog before. Also the way the game is designed if you use the camera zoom mod without turning off fog you can't see shit zoomed out, engine limitation.

no gamebryo is fine, bethesda is just retarded. no other gamebryo game is a barely functioning mess like a bethesda game.

The Green Knight is overrated

That's still going to make the game easier than it is supposed to be.

Not really. Fog of War will still prevent you from seeing the other guy even zoomed out.

I don't know how anybody could play this competitively WITHOUT camera zoom mod. I attempted it vanilla and I couldn't select all of my 80 ork units at once because the ridiculous level of zoom. Playing against a Tau player and their infinite range without being able to zoom the camera out would be hellish too.

maybe if you're a consolefag

Attached: file.png (850x854, 396.29K)

Ah, so now we get to the truth. It DOES give you an advantage over people who aren't using the mod. You cheating bastards.

kotor 2

nah it's just that playing an rts with a shitty camera is like pulling duct tape off your balls
all the pro players use it

Attached: 527600461_preview_relic00015.jpg (807x1246, 393.75K)