In their eternal wisdom Blizzard has decided to launch their Patch 9.2 for World of Warcraft on February 22th...

In their eternal wisdom Blizzard has decided to launch their Patch 9.2 for World of Warcraft on February 22th. Just a few weeks after Lost Ark launched and a few days before Elden Ring launches. What do you think of Blizzards strategy to compete with games that have massive hype behind them by releasing their patches in a broken state?

Attached: 1635372123053.jpg (882x912, 121.47K)

I'll be playing d2r ladder

if you don't want to play it then play one of the other games instead. who cares

I dont think they've realised that they've not got the automatic clout that they used to have.

WoW world first race is always still a big viewer event, it will bring wow to the top twitch views near elden ring and lost ark during those weeks.

The raid usually doesn't release in mythic difficulty in week 1. Ontop of that they apparently split the raid in 2 for story reasons, so the last 3 bosses won't even be available at the start.

forget elden ring, something tells me it's beyond blizzdrones' grasp to be excited for it but that's the same day witch queen releases which is definitely the same audience

Attached: 1641093498704.webm (644x800, 2.96M)

Game has been without new content since june, they have to drop it sometime for the few subbies left playing it

haven't played since kil'jaeden in legion did i miss anything important

You WILL get mazed

>but that's the same day witch queen releases which is definitely the same audience
exhaustively I've played MMOs since the late 90s and I have no idea what that is.

destiny 2 expansion

waterwalking bros... we come home...

Hopefully the cinematics will be as bad as SoD.

I don't think WoW overlaps with Elden Ring a lot.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people who play WoW are into high fantasy and especially fromsoft games.

>The distant possibility of Bliz actually taking a shit on gameplay addons has the potential to actually happen because of the mod host shitshow
I know it will never happen, but I would seriously consider playing WoW again if they did it. God I fucking hate boss mods so much.

Attached: 1620437733868.png (600x600, 145.9K)

>launching the same date as Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
>Actiblizz is being bought out by Xbox
>Bungie who were in the past owned by Actiblizz are now owned by Sony

I can't view this as anything other than intentional. It's also incredibly stupid of them since they are going to be mogged hard by some of the biggest releases of the year.

>God I fucking hate boss mods so much.
I've raided 4 years without using them. Just DL for the /pulltimer and disable every other options.

But people who play WoW aren't doing so because it's new or hot. They are going to play WoW no matter what. It literally makes no difference when WoW releases updates.

Is 9.2 even ready to be released? They are releasing an incomplete patch just to try and snipe people form playing other games? Fuck them.

At this point the genre probably commands more attention than the theme and aesthetics of the game, in my opinion I think people who play WoW play more WoW for the fact that it's a treadmill MMO than because it's a fantasy game

No, people are complaining about massive balance issues and bugs with tier armor. People are also really pissed with the weekly grinding shit.

They've been doing this for a good year now. It's the one reason that I stopped playing, locking content and blueballing you faithful audience just to spite your competitors is the ultimate insult.

Compete? What does WoW compete with these days? FFXIV?

I will be still playing Lost Ark
You have nu-blizzard to thank for by buttfucking one of my childhood setting

Attached: 489511230.jpg (512x478, 43.75K)

>for a year
lmao, they've been doing this for over 15 years now. Every time a new mmo was about to release blizzard released their shit right next to it.

all other mmos.

i can understand thinking they intentionally release content to compete with other MMOs but the idea they're trying to counter Elden Ring is retarded to me