This game is underrated

Everyone always says DA:I doesn't have soul, but I think it has just as much soul as DA:O, just in a different place. The gameplay is crap, yes, but if you stop looking at it as a CRPG and start looking at it for what it is, it becomes a lot better. It's actually a narrative role playing game/dating simulator/branching multiple choice game in disguise. The combat sections are just filler. The writing is top tier, especially with the female elf romancing Solas route, and the characters are just as charming as they are in golden age Bioware games.

Attached: Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt.jpg (288x344, 54.55K)

People who use “fun” as the exclusive metric for video game quality are chimpanzees. Artistic mediums can convey more emotions than just fun. Grueling, painful game experiences can be spectacular (Pathologic)

It should still be fun. If your game isn't fun to play then there is no point and you're using artistic merit (which it doesn't have) as a cope. There are games that are emotional and profound and are still good fun games to play.

Exactly, and I think DA:I despite the combat sometimes being unfun, classifies as a strong and compelling narrative experience. A funny example is that intermission section before you find Skyhold where you spend like 5 full minutes just walking slowly through a snowstorm because your character is on the brink of death.

Hated it.
The lore
The gameplay
Everything but the art design is trash

That's not good user. What did you hate about the soundtrack?

If I look at it that way I have to dock it for telling a boring story that exists to move a couple chess pieces around in the grander lore of the universe that they'll never finish, but gives me even more excuses to say the elves deserved even worse than they got in the Dragon Age universe.

>modern EA
>top tier writing

this is how you know someone is trolling

I just said I liked the art design, music is art.

What a joke of a post.

Lore isn't art?

It was released 8 years ago user, plus it's not EA that wrote the game, it's the same Bioware that made DA:O. EA is just the publisher.

You really deboonked it huh?

It's a good story and characters, I will agree, it's just the actual gameplay is terrible. It's a one person MMO with too much empty space and just unfun combat.

You could remake almost all of the modern Bipware games into purely visual novel games and not much would be lost.

That’s how i played it, a single player MMO basically with different choices every time

Not when it is garbage

>art is when I like something
>it's not art if it's bad

Attached: index4.jpg (224x224, 5.6K)

I also liked the game. The writing barring 2 of your companions and the main villain of base game is actually good. As for the combat idk I didn't exactly like it or hate it as much as some people on here. The game imo looks good and has some of the best world state changes I've seen done in a fantasy rpg so far. That being said some of the optional content is lacking and tedious.

>same Bioware that made DA:O
lol

Exactly, the only part that's good is when you descent into the deep roads and have to clash against the darkspawn hordes. Then you get farther down and it's shit.

Attached: 0cvo8cksmvm71.png (640x970, 172.04K)

Gave it a try total of 3 times
Everytime got filtered by thinking im playing single player MMO
What im doing wrong?

Yes, both DA:O and DA:I were written by the same studio and directed by Mike Laidlaw, just with a different publisher.