Was it really as bad as Any Forums said it was? Every other social media platform thought it was great

Was it really as bad as Any Forums said it was? Every other social media platform thought it was great.

Attached: Paper_Mario_The_Origami_King.jpg (220x220, 29.1K)

yeah it's pretty bad

they made every battle tedious
with the rotation
it's not clever at all

Story is good. Gameplay is bad.
Also no waifus.

>Every other social media platform thought it was great.

Attached: twitter roulette.gif (447x343, 552.78K)

I enjoyed it after only ever playing thousand year door.

Not a twitterfag by any means, but watching them roast a dumb snoy saying the game is bad because you fight a stapler was pretty based. A broken clock is right twice the day I guess.

It was better than sticker star and color splash at least, but nowhere near the level of 64 and TTYD

>every other social media platform

Attached: 1631248092657.png (469x468, 350.78K)

What about Super?

Man I forget that one exists. I'd say I liked Super slightly more, but they're too different for me to directly compare, at least all the others have turn based battles

I really loved it. My only problem is the enemies for an area are solved after a few fights, you just repeat the winning moves. I don't mind puzzle fights but they need to have more variations. Music, visuals, and story were all highly enjoyable though

A potentially great game marred by a convoluted battle system and Tanabe tripling-down on the genericization of NPCs. Sorry, but a fuselage Bob-Omb just ain't gonna cut it, sorry

*fuseless

Bobby's story wouldn't have worked if he were special. He needed to be an ordinary mook.

Yeah, they worked around it, but it wouldn't have been a problem in the first place if it weren't for Tanabe (or whoever higher up) didn't heavily enforce the Mario Mandate.

Better than TTYD and SMRPG, still nowhere near Super or 64.

it's fun, I like it.

Every Paper Mario post SPM is dogshit.

>Every other social media platform thought it was great.
Then go back to them.

Nah. It was fine. Just not as good as the first two despite being by far the best effort from the modern games.

Good story
Good puzzle game
Bad paper mario rpg

everything about the game is great besides the gameplay
even then, the boss battles are decent