It sucks

It sucks

Attached: file.png (480x320, 112.41K)

correct. now never talk about it again. leave mother 1 chads in peace.

Go play Tecmo’s Secret of the Stars all the way through, and then you can tell me what sucks!

yo mama

>start game
>die to crows and dogs
>talk to an npc and he turns into a zombie who 2 shots me
>get into a battle with 4 bats while I am just one boy
Whats the play here? Running to the cemetery over and over till I level up enough to not die

I got killed by a hippie after reaching the first town. It is vaguely creepy and has a certain mystique to it kind of like pokemon red and blue which makes me want to continue playing it. I'm sad that pokemon ceased to be oddly terrifying and mysterious as a series almost immediately following its inception. You can feel the last traces of mother in early pokemon.

welcome to NES era RPGS

hopefully toby fox makes a new earthbound once he's done with deltarune

The devs are the same guys who made pokemon gen 1

Itoi might even let the mad lad do it. Imagine the seethe from the various people who have tried to make mother 4 fangames over the years and wound up getting canned.

Yeah you have to grind specially at the start, there is no way around it.

Hate to contradict you but it was the only game I actually played and finished in the series.

mother is grindier than most of the NES era RPGs of that time honestly

DQ1 felt grindier because less happens in that game.

I loved that game, except for one part that I got stuck because I didnt talk to the right NPC.

Beginning has a bit of grind, since you have less combat options. You'll have a lot more resilience after you get comfy in Magicant.

Attached: magicant.gif (256x224, 8.78K)

The title trips me up because I remember when it was only called Earthbound Zero

At least it doesn't stink.

Attached: earthbound stinks.jpg (1280x694, 199.55K)

Did they leak any XCI or NSP for earthbound beginnings? I'll fucking give it a shot on switch but fuck using a NES emulator

Just play the fan-mod where you get more EXP and don't have to grind

It ruined a whole genre. good game tho

filtered

I am incredibly happy my mom had great taste in vidya and got this when I was a kid. The book that came with it had me mesmerized. The scratch and sniff bits were a weird mix, but Barf obviously smelled horrible. I remember the mushroom guy having a peppery smell.

what a shit fucking advertising strategy for this game lmao

Gross things were cool in the early 90's

It's a Dragon Quest clone, I don't know what you expected
It's best enjoyed in every way except actually playing it

Nope. Ape Inc. got turned into Creatures who make spinoffs, make 3d models for the main games, develop the trading card game, and Pokémon toys. Pokémon has always been developed by Game Freak. Nothing to do with the Mother people.

Attached: aboutgod.png (252x172, 2.78K)

dq1 was much grindier