Starting honest hearts

starting honest hearts
most of the critique Any Forums gave it is accurate
>already tired of the reused assets like all the radscorpions and mantises and ants
>You found a key!
>joshua isn't nearly as interesting as i thought he'd be
the setting is kinda neat, i guess. and i like the native american tribal vibe and how you maneuver through the canyon
so far not super impressed with any of the characters i've met compared to dead money.

Attached: .jpg (765x950, 242.21K)

all the fallout new vegas DLCs suck. yeah, i said it.

Honest heart was the DLC that took me a couple playthrough for it to click. Definitely come back to it. Randell's entires is pure /lit/.

Yeah i didnt like it either.
Ill replay it again later, but all your complaints are mirrored by me

gonna keep playing tomorrow cause im sure it gets better

only HH tho

honest hearts isn't a plot heavy dlc. It was in-fact the budget dlc compared to the other 3. Shortest dev time, fewest quests.
Its biggest positives are
>zion is actually pretty gorgeous and fun to explore
>the survivalist's logs are great and sometimes regarded as the best writing in new vegas
>1911 pistol

ive only read 1 terminal so far cause i just got to the first survivalist cache
its... good, i guess. about as good as the rest of the game's terminals.

>Randall's entires is pure /lit/
This. Probably the greatest story in a video game. I wish John Gonzalez wrote more.

You gotta read all of them in order

>accidentally kill the retard savage guide after the first shootout
>dlc over

lol i shot him once and realized he was killing the girl shooting me so i waited a second

story and characters are great but the zion area itself sucks and is a chore to get around

Best character in the entire series and you never see him.

Dead Money has an annoying, unfun map but interesting characters.
Honest Hearts has a nice setting and map, but the story is minimal.
Old World Blues' intro alone has more dialogue than all of Honest Hearts together. Amazing map and humour.
Lonesome Road is a cool linear adventure.

I disagree, I loved zion. All the blues and greens. The rock paintings.
I also really liked it at night time where everything got dark as fuck.
I just wish there was a way to preserve the innocence of the tribe while keeping them in zion. The whole point of the survivor was protecting his children from the horrors of the world because that's the real casualty of the wasteland.
You and Joshua should have been able to BTFO the white legs so bad that a legend spawns about the two protector gods of Zion that strike down any who enter the area.

vanilla honest hearts with no mods looks like shit which is how i originally played it, might be more atmospheric with the appropriate lighting and visual mod. but going through caves to get to so and so location is usually the worst parts of the new fallout games

I played it on the 360.
It was fine.

HH is the weakest DLC but that doesn't make it a bad DLC

yeah, it's not a very impressive dlc really. The loot is good and zion is very pretty considering the limitations, but that's about it.

the native american shit is so lazy

> I track bear into cave.
> tall man make boom come out of shiny stick.

This DLC sucks dick

You get his armor and gun, though, and that's more than you could normally ask for. Arguably the snazziest variant of the Riot Gear, too, since it's solid stat-wise, isn't an NCR disguise, and doesn't have the silly extra metal bits stuck on of the Lonesome Road riot gear sets. Why are there THREE of them with such minor differences anyway?

I wasn't saying it as a bad thing. They didn't need a voice actor, or a model, or anything like that to create such a great and lasting character. And yeah, love his gear.

I mean, I guess you DO see him.. kinda.

Attached: Randall_Clark.jpg (1000x714, 186.33K)

better than shit with ulysess. what a flawed motive that dumb nigger has

He wrote the whole game bro

Zion made me wish we got a Fallout that explored more wilderness. No more Bethesda buildings with debris and skeletons holding dildos or people in broken houses selling Nuka Cola. Some actual untamed wild with life thats flourished at least by mutated standards.

DLCs are generally shitty and low-effort affairs. Crumbs for the pigeons and scraps for the dogs.

Return with me, if you dare, to the golden age of the Expansion Pack. A time when you could have a disc of substantial content, almost a game in its own right.