NOO RESIDENT EVIL IS SUPPOSED TO BE SCARY IT CAN'T HAVE ACTION EXCEPT 4

>NOO RESIDENT EVIL IS SUPPOSED TO BE SCARY IT CAN'T HAVE ACTION EXCEPT 4
Seriously why did 5 and 6 mind brake the fanbase?

Attached: E95OPWZUcAMTe8C.jpg (680x375, 61.68K)

Resident Evil was always an action game with horror elements from day 1. You play as literal anime SWAT officers in the first game.

i still can't understand people that think resident evil is a horror game

RE6 is just shit and not fun, unrelated to whatever boogeyman you have in your head.

I get that in years since RE1-3 theres been tidbits of lore that explain why. But Raccoon City has a full urban police force, swat teams, and two helicopter borne search and rescue/swat teams. That's the most over equipped rural police force in media history.

They got funding from Umbrella

I really hate niggers who can't differentiate words as 'horror'' and ''terror'', I swear.

Yup. I loved RE5 but hated RE6.

Do you have "mind brake"?

Fear leads to terror

RE7 and RE8 are contemporary American horror games with a Resident Evil branding.

>contemporary American horror games
Most horror games are just you running away from monsters and solving some puzzles

Go back to school Jamal.

To be specific they seem like they're aping Outlast and any similar games. They emphasize disempowering the player and shocking them with graphic content.

You can have scary and action or scary and co-op but you can never have scary action co-op.

>Seriously why did 5 and 6 mind brake the fanbase?
RE5 came out in 2009 aka post smartphone aka after every single retard was able to have easy access to the internet and developed brain disease to constantly have hot takes and saying dumb shit with 100% confidence all the time because they think having wikipedia and google gives them a degree in omniscience.

>aping Outlast

Attached: There is that word again.png (608x529, 349.68K)

You really don't see the similarities?

Resident Evil was always campy B Horror right down to the silly voice acting. The only time Resident Evil tried to be terrorizing was REmake. Even something seemingly grounded like Resident Evil 7 had silly characters like Baker saying "Welcome to the family son!" followed by the comedic eating breakfast scene with Baker saying "A boy needs his food." So spare me, this series has always been action horror meaning not scary. And that's a good thing you would not get the variety of action themed monsters if they aimed for something grounded and horrifying.

4 was a mistake

I'm waiting until Resident Evil introduces anthros, robots, and aliens.

>horror game
It has jumpscares but thats it, I do agree that the action went from relatively ok to absolutely fucking batshit past 4

Define horror

resident evil makes me laugh more than anything, the whole thing is just too goofy to be taken seriously or cause any kind of fear.

Getting molested by skeletons.

>horror means scary
retarded if you believe this

The worst take on action is from RE4. Having Leon do wrestling moves made you save too much ammo. And honestly once you start doing a three round fight with Krauser on the island it never felt like you were fighting a mutant monster of any kind. I blame Krauser, he's the originator of the later Wesker Matrix boss fight.

There's zero similarities.

Its also when the games went full Metal Gear Solid.

That is the point, all these evil companies want to perfect super humans. The mutations are always an unwanted side effect. The day Resident Evil's story perfects super humans is the day the franchise dies. And this is why I hate Ethan's daughter in Resident Evil 8 she's a seed of ruination because of her super powers.

You should play or watch Outlast before saying that.

Hardly, especially if you count the spinoffs.

You should elaborate instead

i know you are shitpostin but i actually really liked 5 and 100% it back in the day, only thing that ruins it is the retarded ai and inventory system.

RE6 in the other hand is not even a good action game at all.